𝐢𝐢

CHAPTER 2

"Good morning, (last name) ~" as expected, the man who sits in the front left of you would strike up a conversation the moment you sit down on your seat.

"Good morning, Kokonoi." You sweetly replied with a straight smile, you arranged your books on the desk.

The male sat on his chair, his body facing yours while his arms rests on the back of his chair. He was surprisingly an early bird, you thought. He came early, too early for someone so-called a delinquent.

"Feel free to call me Koko instead, it's shorter. Still, it depends on you. Most people call me by that nickname."

"Alright then, Koko." You grinned at the male and rest your back against the chair. Chuckling at your cheekiness, Kokonoi proceeded to talk.

"Wanna go for lunch together with Inupi? My treat."

"Inupi? As in Inui?" You asked and he nodded.

"Hmm, sure but there's no need to buy anything for me, keep your money. You'll need it." You insisted, giving him a faint chuckle.

"Trust me I can buy you the whole store, not even kidding."

"Rich?" You joked.

"You can say that." He wasn't joking though.

"Say, are you secretly a part of toman?" He then became serious, his facade turning stoic, he looked at you. Somehow his seriousness made you slightly panic. You felt like if you answer his question incorrectly, he might shoot you right here, right now.

"What makes you think that?" Your sweat dropped, trying to shrug the panic off your shoulders.

"You seem so close with the vice. And the president too."

"I'm not a member, and will never be. I might've received plentiful invitations from them but I declined all." You honestly replied. It was true indeed, either I'd be Draken or Mikey, or any founding members of the gang, you declined every invitation. You never knew what their exact reasons were. You weren't good at fighting you can't.

"You really are something." He mumbled, but still audible for you.

"What do you mean?"

"Dunno. But anyways, Inupi has been serious about life for decades, I think you can change that." he said with satire, he puckered his lips and snatched a pen from your pencil case and twirled the pen on his fingers, "He seems interested in you, he hasn't admitted it, but I can tell. We're childhood friends after all."

You wanted to ask about what he meant once again, but you chose to stay quiet. It intrigued you, Kokonoi intrigued you, especially his words just now. His demeanor was somewhat hard to read, you couldn't tell whether he was joking or not.

"By the way, got your English homework?" He then beamed, searched through his desk, and went searching for his notebook.

"Yeah, why?"

"Can I borrow and copy it? I didn't do mine."

How straightforward, you thought. It made you chuckle. Knowing you can't say no now, you simply handed him over your notebook, allowing him to flip through the pages and let him search by himself. He shot you a quick thanks before facing his desk properly and start scribbling on his notebook before the teacher arrives.