xv

CHAPTER 15.

Dang it, it's starting to get hot.

Rolling my long white socks to my ankles like a donut, I hissed at today's awfully hot temperature. It's not even summer yet it's already hot! Just imagine how much hotter it will be when it's actually summer. I will melt for sure.

The only thing that's cooling me down at the moment was the light-bluish popsicle I'm holding right now. Soda-flavored popsicle. I don't even want to eat it, I just want it to cool me.

It's Saturday. And since I don't talk much to people at my school, also known as classmates, I have no one to hang out with during weekends except Mikey and Draken. Rindou and Ran too, yes. Mostly.

It was lonely indeed. I admit it. Sometimes I go out and see people or students around my age hanging out with their friends at malls and arcades. The way they laugh like there's no one around was envious. It sounded so fun, it sounded so genuine. Not like I've never been through it, I had. But not often, more like rarely.

Man.

"Your popsicle's melting."

My head suddenly turned to where the voice came from, beside me. I was stunned to see who spoke.

"Inui!" I exclaimed in utter astonishment.

And not only that, I felt the cold sticky liquid running down my fingers. Even the texture felt so sweet, you could feel the flavor touching your senses.

"Why buy a popsicle if you can't finish it?" The male beside me clicked his tongue and stepped near me. His left hand gripped my wrist, where I held the popsicle. And not even a second, he pulled my hand to his mouth and ate the remaining popsicle at a slow pace.

It made my heart skip a beat. More like losing beats. It wasn't slow, it was so fast. It was like it was beating fast, giving it's all, giving its strength until it stop and drops me dead by any second. My face was burning.

And just like that, he slurped the dessert and now there's nothing left.

I wasn't planning on eating it anyway.

"That was mine." I suddenly blurted out. I didn't know why I said that. But I wanted to have a conversation, the urge was strong for some reason. I didn't want him to walk away just like that.

"I know, that's why I ate it. Plus, it was melting and you were staring at who knows what. You didn't look like you had any plans on eating it, you've been holding it for minutes now." He then used his clothes to wipe the excess that remained on my fingers. Clothes, he was wearing a jumper and a white loose shirt. He used the fabric of the denim jumper to wipe my hands. And do I have to say that his clothes were somewhat stained with black liquid that looks like oil? Yeah.

"Well, yeah. I was just using it to cool my face." I bluntly replied, he guessed it right. Or maybe he has been watching me from somewhere.

He looked at me with confusion drawn all over his face, "You could've bought something to drink instead, not something that'll melt."

"Yeah, now that you mention it. I kind of thought that I should've stayed inside the store instead because it was cooler there." I awkwardly chuckled.

"You should've stayed home."

"I got bored," I instantly replied. After that, there was a brief moment of silence. I then turned my head to look at the group of teenagers that were hanging out in the park. I got bored. I'm getting bored.

"I'll accompany you then." He then said, making me look at him once again.

"Really? I don't want to bother you." I was concerned. Not about his schedule, but his thoughts on me. He might be forcing himself to accompany me because I sounded so depressed and lonely. And I don't want that.