𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢

CHAPTER EIGHT

"What do you mean?" you furrowed your eyebrows at the male and started to run after him and made your way out of the school. You weren't exactly running, maybe it's the fact that Kokonoi's legs are much longer compared to yours so whenever he takes a step, he's moving a meter away from you.

"I don't know, but I have a bad feeling. Let's head to the mechanic shop where he usually goes." he signalized you to follow him with his hand, and you nodded. You instantly noticed how his facade changed, earlier he was sassy, but now he's serious. ーIt somehow made you trust his instincts, his senses. After all, he doesn't seem to be the type to joke around about serious things like this. Or at least that's what you thought.

You quietly followed the male from behind, following him everywhere he turns, stopping when he stops, answering his small questions whenever he asks from time to time. You've been running after him for straight fifteen minutes, and as you observe his current state, you could guess that he has no plans of stopping anytime soon.

"The mechanic shop's closed." Kokonoi pointed at a small shop, blinders were covering the huge glass pane and the lights were off too.

"So he's not there?" you asked.

"Mhm." he hummed in response and observed his surroundings.

"Why don't we wait for a couple of minutes? He must've bought something from somewhere, you know?" you suggested and dusted the fleets of your skirt before crouching down on the ground. Agreeing with your opinion, Kokonoi also crouched down beside you and took his phone out of his pocket. He decided to send Inui a message, he sent him a simple 'wry?' and refused to shove his phone back into his pocket just in case his friend replied, he can notice and reply sooner.

After waiting for about fifteen minutes, Kokonoi asked you to wait for another ten more to make it thirty. But thirty minutes had gone by fast yet there were still no signs of the certain male you're looking at waiting for. ーThere were no replies that were sent as well. It concerned the two of you very much.

You only planned to talk about things and perhaps try to fix things with the growing misunderstanding between you and them, but things had gotten way worse than that.

"What the fuckー"

Suddenly, you heard a pit of echoing laughter coming from not so far from the street you two are currently at. The laughter was more like a taunt, and you could tell that more than two people were laughing.

"Koko let's check-"

"No, I will. You stay here. Whatever happens, contact the vice president right away." Before you could even say what was on your mind, Kokonoi had already begun to walk his way to the next street that was two blocks away from where you at. He shot you one quick glance before jogging his way.

You held your phone between two of your hands anxiously and quietly started to walk the same path Kokonoi took, but rather slowly to not catch up with the male. After walking past two blocks, you peeked before turning left.

And what you saw had terrified the most of you.

"Koko! Don't come near or else you'llー" you finally found Inui. But this Inui was all beaten up and was showering with dark red blood, and bruises and wounds all over his face and arms. The white shirt he was wearing was all stained. Before he could even finish his sentence, Kokonoi was knocked down onto the ground by a bat. You covered your mouth to prevent yourself from shrieking at what you just witnessed. Your eyes then started to wander around the men who were surrounding your friends, they were big. Even bigger than Inui nor Koko.