𝐯𝐢

CHAPTER 6

"Inupi- calm down,"

Before [name] could even say something back, the (h/c) haired female had started walking away abruptly. With his sudden change of demeanor towards the girl, both Kokonoi and the girl herself couldn't help but be surprised, leaving her no choice but to leave them both for now to avoid drama.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck. I'll talk to you tomorrow, kay? better come." Koko stopped his tracks for a second, leaving his blonde-haired friend behind for a couple of seconds.

"I'll come don't worry." You gave him a thumbs up and a reassuring smile. It made the ravenette ponder how you could still smile so precious and carefree after what his childhood friend had just spat at you.

In easy words, you knew this will come. You expected this to come, if not sooner then maybe later. But not with someone you just met, you mostly expected it to be Mikey or Draken, or even both at the same time. If it were your childhood friends then maybe you wouldn't be walking away right now since you know the words you'll explain.

But them? Inui and Kokonoi? What do they know, you've just met them recently they know nothing about what's going on. They don't know about your relationship with toman, with Draken, with Mikey, with Ran and Rindou, nothing.

Kokonoi gave you a small nod and after that, you proceeded to walk away from the two. Koko could only watch your back walk away and disappear after some seconds. He then went back to Inui who was a couple of meters away.

All you can do is hope none of those two would tell Mikey and Draken about what happened. Not today, at least.

"Inupi, what's making you so worked up?"

"What do you mean?" Inui raised a brow.

"What do you mean, what do I mean? ー did you not see how she walked away because of your oh-so-wise and straightforward words?" Kokonoi knows Inui well, they're childhood friends after all. Inui might be collected and overall calm, but he speaks frankly and straightforwardly, not caring if people could swallow his words to themselves. That's why quiet people scare Koko very much.

"Did you not see who she was with? The two Haitanis. Both are a member of Tenjiku. She's not a part of toman, didn't she say? ー what if she's a spy or something? We're risking our livesー" Kokonoi is Inui's childhood friend. It goes for the opposite, Inui is Kokonoi's childhood friend. They've been together for years,

And he knows what's happening with his dear friend.

"Inupi. I know why you're like this." After hearing the black-haired male's words, Inui's brows that were earlier almost knitted together suddenly changed. His frustration turned into confusion as he waited for the next words Kokonoi will say.

"You remember her, don't you?"

_________

Back in Inui's third year of Junior High, a certain girl once caught his eyes and after that, he felt attached to her.

She had those pretty (e/c) colored eyes that lit up so brightly like the moon in the night sky, and (h/c) locks that looked faintly soft. For Inui, the girl looked like a dream.

ー somehow, Inui felt devasted because he only caught a glimpse of her for the first time when he was soon to graduate his life out of school. She was a second-year, his junior. She was a part of the school council, the school secretary to be exact.

And he wouldn't know about this if Kokonoi didn't say it because Inui paid no heed to the school counselors. He never had any interest in them.