𝐱𝐢

CHAPTER 11

The car ride was quiet. 
Not like you minded it though, you had no energy to talk and just wanted to get things over with. Today, your brothers are taking you to the leader. They asked you if you were sure of your decision upon meeting the dangerous person several times. They wanted to hear you backing away so that they could take you back immediately since they haven't talked with your teachers in your school yet. 

They were willing to take you back if you wanted them to. After all, they didn't want you to be involved with their gang business.

And they didn't mind if you were friends with people whose from a different gang from Tenjiku. They didn't mind you being friends with the toman's president and vice president, as long as you're safe and all.

The car then stopped in front of a warehouse, it was their hideout as you heard from Rindou. 

"We're here [name]." Ran then turned to look at you while his hand remained on the steering wheel. You could tell that he was worried. 

"Do you want to go back?" he asked again. The car was yet again, filled with silence. No one was exiting the car. Ran told Rindou not to leave yet just in case you say yes. 

Of course, you do.

You want to go back to Shibuya, you wanted to meet Draken and Mikey, the other toman members, Kokonoi, and Inui.

You wanted to.

But there's no going back now. You're doing this for your step brothers, especially for Ran. You'd repeat the reason over and over again inside your head, you don't want Ran to end up having a bad image because you declined the leader's offer.

After all, he admired Izana and you know it well.

"Izana's waiting," you mumbled and opened the door,

"Better get going, you know?" you grinned at the two and carefully slammed the door close. As you waited for the two to come out, you took the minute to scan your surroundings. The warehouse was full of graffiti sprayed on every wall. Garbage was also splattered everywhere. And not to mention, the smell of cigars also lingered. You were disgusted.

"Why are you doing this?" Ran asked as he grabbed his keys. 

"Dumbass, it's because of you and your admiration for Izana," Rindou answered his question that he wish you would answer him. And even if you don't answer it, Ran knows it's exactly what Rindou just said.

"I know that, but why does she have to do this?" Before Ran could even hear his younger brother's statement, he decided to hop off the car as well. The younger Haitani sighed and exited as well.

The three of you then started to walk inside the hideout. Your brothers made sure you were between them so that you wouldn't get lost. And both of them were aware that there would be someone who would just pull you from them out of nowhere.

Meanwhile, you, on the other hand, felt extremely uncomfortable with everything around you. You felt everyone's eyes were glued on you. It was understandable, they were questioning why there was a girl in their hideout. With the Haitani, why this, why that.

You didn't know what to feel. Should you be embarrassed? Shy? Afraid? - one thing you know for sure is that you were nervous.

During the whole car ride, you already were.

You didn't know what kind of a person this Kurokawa Izana is. All you know is that he is a very dangerous person as from what Ran and Rindou told you.

"I'll inform she's here. Wait for me." Ran said before entering a room, leaving you and Rindou standing outside in silence.

"Whatever you do, don't talk back to Izana." Your brother suddenly spoke, his voice echoed in the hallway. "He's a reckless guy. He won't hesitate to hit you."

"But he seems to have interest in you so, I don't think he'll ever lay hands on you except if you betray him. It's better to be open-minded."

"Will you let me visit Mikey and Draken again?" You weren't listening. You were thinking about them, and Rindou knows it.

The younger Haitani sighed and placed a hand on top of your head, his gloved hand rubbing your hair gently, he answered, "Of course, as long as you don't get yourself killed. Ran and I are going to protect you no matter what." He softly said.

"And we'll make sure you'll get to your normal life back. For now, stick with Izana and obey him."

It saddened Rindou to see you in this kind of state. It hurt him. All they wanted to do was to make you happy, yet here you are. Suffering because of them.

After a few more minutes, Ran finally exited the room.

"Well..." He started and shifted his gaze upon you. "You'll be heading there now, he wants to see you already."

He smiled, though it didn't show not say joy. He's encouraging you, but his heart wouldn't think the same as his brain.

You nodded in response and grabbed onto the door knob. You stared at it for seconds before saying,

"Don't beat up Mikey and Draken, 'ya hear me? Also Koko and Inui. Don't secretly beat them up." You cheekily grinned and finally entered the room.

The Haitani watched you disappear. They both stood there in silence for minutes.

"We won't. Why do you sound like you're going to die in the next two hours?" Rindou scoffed and started walking away with his brother beside him chuckling.

"Childhood friends are the most wholesome thing in this existence huh?" Commented Ran while shoving his gloved hands inside his pockets.

"Is [name] considered as our childhood friend though?"

"Rin, we're stepsiblings. Siblings."

"Yeah, I mean. If you try to put it in a wholesome way. She was what, 8 years old when she became a part of our family right? She was 8, I was nine, and you were 10."

"Now that you've mentioned it, sounds so nostalgic for some reason."

________

"After waiting for weeks to see you in person once again. I guess it was worth it, now that you're standing right in front of me." As you walked in, an ash blonde-haired male immediately welcomed you with a smile plastered on his lips.

"It's a pleasure to be working with you, mister Izana." You bowed a bit awkwardly and thinned your lips together.

Shit, I forgot to prepare what to say! You panicked as you waited for his reply.

The male rested his cheeks on both of his palms and smiled, "Izana's fine. No need to be formal."

"I-.." You cleared your throat and nodded, "If you say so, Izana." But in your head, you were still calling him mister.

His smile then became twice larger this time. He was very happy to see you, maybe a little too happy. He couldn't resist it.

"Wanna grab ice creams?" His eyes very the prettiest eyes you've ever seen.

I decided to make these flashbacks short so just in case I wrote them boring, it's not too long to read.