S1 Ch.12 Beach Day

It was a beautiful day in Jump City, the wind was blowing and the sun was shining. The Titans had taken the opportunity to have a barbecue at the beach. Each of the Titans were having their own sort of fun or doing their own thing. Beastboy was building a sand castle, Robin and Cyborg were playing catch with a football, Y/n was manning the grill cooking burgers and hotdogs, and all of the girls were near the water in bikinis.

 Beastboy was building a sand castle, Robin and Cyborg were playing catch with a football, Y/n was manning the grill cooking burgers and hotdogs, and all of the girls were near the water in bikinis

Starfire and Blackfire were playing in the water while Raven was sitting on a towel reading a book

Dozens of other people were also at the beach having their own fun in the sun. Everyone was having a good time, men, women, and children all had smiles on their faces. Cyborg and Robin stop their game and walk over to Y/n at the grill.

"Yo, Y/n! How's the food coming alone?" Cyborg asks. Y/n responds with a smile and a thumbs up. Beastboy then walks up.

"Hey, uh, Y/n I think Raven needs some help." Beastboy says pointing at Raven. Over by her a pair of muscular guys were talking to her, with Raven looking uncomfortable and the guys obviously trying to flirt with her.

Y/n's eyes immediately started glowing blue  with him growling. Y/n started walking over towards Raven and the guys, as he got close he could hear what they were saying.

"Come on, babe, just come hang out with us." One guy said.

"I told you I dont want to." Raven said.

"Then how about a date tonight? You and us?" The other guy asked with a confident smile.

"Like I said before, I already have a boyfriend." Raven said.

"Well I dont see him anywhere. Why not be with some real men?" The first guy said leaning forward. It was then that Y/n walked up and tapped both guys on the shoulders, getting their attention. They turned around looking very annoyed, but Raven looked relieved.

"What do you want? Cant you see we are busy?" The first guy said. Y/n's only response to grab both guys by the throats and throw them a hundred feet back into the water. Raven smiled as Y/n sat down next to her.

"Thanks, Y/n." Raven said, kissing her boyfriend. Starfire and Blackfire then walked up to them and sat down next to Y/n.

"Hey, guys. We saw what happend just now." Blackfire said.

"Yes, we are glad that you are well, Raven." Starfire said with a smile.

"Yeah, Y/n really showed those guys." Blackfire laughed, hugging Y/n's arm. Y/n smiled as his girlfriends sat around him. Over by the grill, Cyborg had taken over cooking while Robin and Beastboy started playing catch.

The next several hours went by without any incident. That is until people started screaming and running for their lives. The Titans jump into action to investigate and saw who was causing trouble.

"Cinderblock." Robin says.

"He just has to ruin the fun." Beastboy says. Cinderblock roared as he charged the Titans.

"Titans, go!" Robin yelled. The Titans charged forward and engaged Cinderblock. Cinderblock swung downwards at the Titans, making them scatter. Starfire flew upwards and slammed her fist into Cinderblock's face, making him stumble. Blackfire then came from behind and kicked him in the back of the head, sending Cinderblock face first into the sand.

The titanic terror got to his feet with a growl. Robin a staff out of literally nowhere and attacked Cinderblock, however Cinderblock caught the staff and threw Robin away. Before Robin could hit the ground, he was caught by Y/n.

"Thanks, Y/n." Robin says. Y/n lets Robin down, who immediately rejoins the fight. Y/n was about to follow but from the corner of his eye he saw someone watching him.

 Y/n was about to follow but from the corner of his eye he saw someone watching him

The man was to far away to see clearly, but when Y/n blinked the man was gone. Y/n pushed the strange man from his mind and rejoined the fight against Cinderblock.

After almost an hour of fighting, the Titans had finally defeated Cinderblock. The police had arrived and arrested the criminal as the Titans watched.

"How did Cinderblock get out of prison?" Beastboy asked.

"I dont know, but it looks like our beach day is over. Come on Titans, back to the tower." Robin ordered. As the Titans returned to the tower, Y/n couldnt help but think about the strange man.

'He looked so... familiar...' Y/n thought to himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, at a secret location somewhere in the city.

Slade sat in his chair and watched a recording of the battle at the beach. While Slade was watching the monitors, another man walked up behind him.

"Sportsmaster, I assume you are satisfied?" Slade asked.

"You were right. He is the same boy I knew years ago. I thought he died as a child." Sportsmaster said.

"Oh, come now. He's much tougher than you give him credit for. After all, dont forget who his parents are."

"What about the League? How have they not caught wind of him?"

"That's something I've been taking care of. Although I'm sure Batman knows he's here, why he hasn't told the rest of the League, I can only guess. But for now, they arent a problem and I'd like to keep it that way." Slade said.

"Well, I'm sure my employers can help with that." Sportsmaster said before turning and leaving.

"I'm sure they will... I'm sure they will...."