S1 Ch.18 The Son

Batman and Robin stood in the livingroom of Titans Tower looking up at the main screen with a scanner going over the city. An image of Y/n was off to the side as the screen gave off a slow meticulous beep.

In the tower gym, Cyborg and Blackfire were lifting weights and other workout routines.

"When I.. ugh.. get Y/n back.. ugh.. from Slade.. I'm gonna plow him so hard.. ugh.. our bed will break.." Blackfire grunted with each rep she did while doing a set of deadlifts.

"Didn't need.. to know that.." Cyborg responded while doing a set of bench presses.

"Sorry..." Blackfire did a few more lifts before standing up and dropping her weights on the floor. "I guess.. I'm just trying to fantasize. Distract myself."

"I get it." Cyborg lifts his weights back up onto their bar and sits up, wiping some sweat from his forehead. "You miss him and you love him. And you're probably freaking out right now trying to keep it together."

"That obvious?"

"A little bit. But you ain't the only one."

On the roof of the tower, Starfire was standing on the ledge as she looked out to the horizon. Jinx was standing just behind her leaning against the ledge with her arms crossed.

"Want to share what's going on in that head of yours?" Jinx asked.

"I feel as though there is a hole inside me. Something.. missing.." Starfire held a closed hand to her chest. A gentle breeze making her hair sway.

"That's what love is, I guess. When the person you love is gone, a peice of you goes with them." Jinx smiles but it falls as she looks out at the ocean. "You know.. I have feelings for him, too."

"You do?"

"Yeah. He's the reason I left the Hive and came here. I risked everything to be with him and... he's gone.." Starfire floats down to Jinx and puts a hand on her shoulder.

"I think you would make a great girlfriend for him." Jinx turned to Starfire and smiled. She returned it and they both looked back out to the sea.

"We just have to find him, first." Jinx said.

Inside the tower, Raven was standing in the bathroom leaning over the sink in her underwear and a black t-shirt, staring down at a small white stick. Outside, Beastboy was banging on the door.

"Yo, Raven! Hurry up, other people gotta go!"

"Give me a minute!" Raven yelled back. She kept staring at the object in her hand. She dropped it in the sink with three other identical objects. All of them were positive pregnancy tests.

"Damn it all..." She whispered, a tear running down her cheek. She grabbed the tests and quickly tossed them into the toilet, flushing them down the drain. She opened the door and pushed passed Beastboy and went straight back to her room, locking herself inside.

~~~~

"It is time, my son." Slade circled Y/n. "Time for the Titans to know the real you. For the city and the world to know. Go into the city and do as I have instructed. When this is all over, you will be reunited with your mother and I will tell you everything I know. Go, my son. Show the world who Deadstrike is."

"Yes, father." Y/n dawned his new mask and left the hideout. Slade turned to the enchained Barbara.

"Our son will be unstoppable."

"You really think he can take the Titans by himself? The Justice League?" Barbara was livid and practically screaming. "You'll get him killed!"

"No, not by himself. He will never be alone again. From now on, he will have his mother and father by his side."