Ch18 - The Yin Yang Cutter

-- A/N --

this chapter contains a bit of loud swearing!

-- END A/N --

Yusef stumbles as Leaf lets go of them at the peak of the punch. Children move to crowd the two of them as Yusef stands again.

"You wanna fight?" they smirk. "THEN LET'S FIGHT!"

Yusef's smile turns evil as they push their curled hands up and pull them down to their sides. With Leaf being so close, he can see they've got dangerous knife-like nails. It almost looks like they were filed to be that way.

Leaf shakes his head and pushes up his sleeves. No time to day dream. Yusef runs towards Leaf and swipes, but Leaf dodges back. Yusef swipes again, but Leaf ducks.

Paige was fragile. He had to remember that. Attack when open, dodge when not.

What was that one move Brandon had used back in middle school?

The crowd moves with the action as from his ducked position, Leaf rises with a punch directly to Yusef's chin. Caught off guard, they fall back on their ass once again.

"Ugh!" they growl. "Why are you so... so... flighty!?"

They stand again and Leaf doesn't even give them the chance. He quickly punches Yusef in the gut, full of determination.

It's a miscalculation.

As Yusef recoils from the hit, they dig their claws into Leaf's forearm, pulling as they stumble back.

"FUCK!" he shouts, clutching the injured arm to his hoodie. Red begins to stain burgundy.

Fuck. Okay. This had to end quickly.

As suddenly as he can, Leaf pulls down his sleeve and goes to give the hardest punch he can muster.

It hits Yusef directly in the face.

This time, when they fall, they hit their head on the wall, effectively stunning them.

Now was Leaf's chance.

The crowd roars as Leaf walks over to Yusef with a dangerous expression on his face. "You like breaking people's legs, huh?" he chuckles. "Let's see how much you like it when it's your leg!"

Leaf pulls up his leg, ready to strike.

And then he's being pulled backwards.

"Wh—HEY!" he shouts, thrashing. "LET ME GO!"

"I think not, Mr. Woods," says the person pulling him.

Fuck. Was that the dean?

"Let me go!" Leaf yells regardless. "They have to pay for what they did!"

"They need an ice pack and a place to sit. You, meanwhile, are to come with me."

+++

Leaf steams as he sits in one of the chairs provided in the dean's office, Yusef in the other. They have an ice pack held to the back of their head.

In front of the two of them sits the dean, Mr. Parlett, and the principal, Mr. Stephen. Leaf recalls people often calling the latter "Stevie" for some reason.

"I am very disappointed in you two," Stephen frowns. "Yusef, this is unsurprising," he says, pointing a finger at them, "However, Paige? This is extremely unprecedented." His frown deepens. "What do you have to say for yourselves?"

"He started it," Yusef growls.

"I started it?" Leaf growls back. "Yeah, 'cause I'm the one who broke Kevin's leg, right? I'm the one who attacked him for no fuckin' reason, right?"

"Mr. Woods!" Stephen gasps. "You will watch your language!"

Leaf huffs, but doesn't say anything.

"Now," Stephen continues. "Yusef, this is your umpteenth time in this office. You will be punished accordingly." He turns to Leaf. "And as this is your first offense, you will also be punished, but to a lesser extent." He evens his gaze between the two of them. "Both of you are to appear on Friday for tests. Paige, you are not to return until then. Yusef, you are not to return until then, and then for a week later."

"WHAT!?" Yusef shouts. "How in the hell is that fair!?"

"Language," Parlett says.

"You have been here far too many times, Mx. Yami. I don't have any other choice."

Leaf smirks. Severed. Them... Right......

The teen clutches his head. Ugh... What gives? Why'd his head hurt so much all of a sudden?

Gasps ring through the air and Leaf flinches.

"Paige!?" Stephen yelps. "Are you bleeding!?"

Leaf blinks hard before looking up. Ah... His sleeve had fallen down. Red is streaming down his arm.

Oh. Yeah. That was happening.

Leaf takes a deep breath.

"I'm gonna pass out."

Leaf closes his eyes and lets the dark swallow him.