Ch31 - Lunatics

Paige sits on the side of the sidewalk, waiting to see the Squeeze's colorful RV to pop into view. He hums to himself and fidgets with his backpack, bright smile on his face.

He was dressed in one of his favorite light blue hoodies and a dark green shirt with a lighter strip going across it. His pants were a plain denim and his sneakers white. It was an all around general outfit.

But Paige had wanted to bring a bit of flourish to this... meet up? Hang out? D... d...

Paige shakes his head.

Whatever this was, he wanted to look a little better than he would normally. For absolutely no reason, of course.

What brought the ensemble to a higher level were the accessories, his rare Eevee bag being one of them. The other was a cute brown teddy bear hat on top of his head. He hoped it wasn't too childish... it was one of his favorite hats!

Paige doesn't have to long for the cool RV to make its appearance. He stands as it gets closer. It rolls up and stops right beside him.

"Hey, kiddo!" Dani greets. "C'mon, get in!"

Paige nods brightly, opening the back of the car, only to be greeted by OJ, hand outstretched.

"Ah, you got to it before I did," OJ chuckles. "Well, that's quite alright. Come," he flips his hand palm up. "Let me help you in."

As opposed to Paige's basic casual wear, OJ seems to be almost in business casual. He's got a dark brown cloth coat on, a light red shirt under it and a cozy looking dull orange scarf on. His pants are nice black slacks and he's got on a light brown over the shoulder bag.

From this angle, OJ is taller than Paige. The way he holds himself is so... Paige can't even describe it. But either way, it's making his face really warm.

"O-okay!" Paige blinks with a dumb smile. He takes the other's hand and lets himself get effortlessly pulled into the RV. "Strong..." he mumbles.

"Hm?" OJ asks, crossing over his lap to close the door behind the other. "What was that?"

Paige was going to explode.

"Nothing!" he says quickly. "I just... was thinking outloud is all!"

"Ah, alright." Oj smiles.

"So!" Dani claps. "What's the plan again, kids?"

"You drive us to the Pizzaria where we all share a three way split pizza," Orville starts.

"Then we take a couple of trains to get to Brooklyn," Paige continues.

"And then we can be tourists for a bit," OJ jokes.

Paige laughs and ribs him. "We'll miss the rest of the trains to the park if we do that!"

"Joking!" OJ laughs back. "But yes, we take a few more trains to get to Coney—"

"Conely?" Dani breaks in, a grin in her voice.

OJ chuckles. "Conely Island." He glances over at Paige with a sly face. "And then we can be tourists for a minute or two, surely?"

Paige laughs and nods. "Of course! We can do whatever we want when we make it to the park."

"Excellent," OJ says, a self assured smile on his face.

The ride to the pizzeria isn't too terribly long, and soon the four of them are eating their shared pizza. Paige actually finishes his slices this time ("Sorry about leaving a mess last time, Mr. Antonio.") and then, the two teenagers bid the adult Squeeze's goodbye. They make their way to the nearest train station on foot, as they would be going from now on.