Ch53 - Simply Sebastian

Paige looks at the door Collins had led him to a bit apprehensively. Inside would be Sebastian who would, hopefully, have some information for him.

He holds his hand out before knocking in a peculiar pattern. Kevin had taught him it, and they said it would guarantee him access.

"Come in!" Sebastian trills, proving Kevin's words to be true. Paige takes a deep breath before twisting the door handle and pushing inwards.

"Kevin, it's good to see you out of b—eek!" Sebastian starts, only to stop abruptly once he turns and finally realizes who's actually in the room.

"Um," Paige smiles awkwardly, "Hi, Sebastian. It's been a minute since we've seen each other, huh?"

"It... c-certainly has!" the other replies, holding his arms up near his chest. "Um, quick question about that, why are you here?"

"Ouch," Leaf snickers. "Blunt guy, huh?"

"I'm sure he's just surprised to see me," Paige responds to Leaf. Then to Sebastian he says, "I actually came to ask you something? If that's alright?"

"You came to my house just to ask me a question?" Sebastian asks, sounding dumbfounded.

Paige quickly corrects him. "No, no! I was here for Kevin. But I asked them a question and they said to ask you. So here I am?" He shrugs and finishes it off with a weird upturned tone, making it sound more like a question than a statement.

"I-I see." Sebastian mutters something under his breath before covering his eyes with his hands and taking.a deep breath. When he pulls his hands back down, he clasps them behind his back and has an odd smile on his face. "Yes, well! What is it you have to ask of me?"

It was almost painfully clear he was afraid of what the question would be, so Paige just blurts it out. "You were the one to clean those notes from my locker, weren't you?"

Sebastian blinks. "Um, yes. I did." He tilts his head to the side a bit, expression confused. "Did I not leave a note saying as such?"

"You did!" Paige nods. "I-I mean, Sue never actually told me who's signature it was, but your name has those initials, right? Sebastian Sharp? S.S.?" Sebastian nods. "Right. So, um... I guess I just wanted to ask why? Did you take them down, I mean."

The already pale teenager in front of Paige somehow turns paler, a deep frown pulling at his face. "I..." Sebastian starts, looking away and taking his hands from behind his back to wring them together. "Please don't get mad with me?" he practically begs.

Paige blinks, confused and worried. "Mad?" he asks.

"Please," Sebastian pleads.

"Just say yes," Leaf says, rolling his eyes. "You're not gonna get anything out of him if you don't."

"Um, okay. I won't," Paige assures.

Sebastian nods and bites his lip before turning and beckoning for Paige to follow. He does, and the two make the short trek to a nearby porcelain table, both taking seats at one of the many comfortable chairs once there. The taller boy sits directly across from the shorter one, but he doesn't look at him, instead, looking somewhere past him. "I have a confession," he says, hands crossed together so tightly it looked almost painful.

"A confession?" Paige blinks.

"Yes." Sebastian closes his eyes and takes a deep breath before rushing out, "I accidentally read one of your admirer notes once!"

It's Paige's turn to blanche now, mouth opening in shock. "You...?" he mumbles, a weird emotion filling him. He didn't even know Sebastian that well! Why had he...?