Ch56 - Prerequisite

It's about 8 by the time everyone has left the Woods household. Now settled an hour later, Leaf is drawing himself in his sketchbook.

Paige and Leaf were trying something new tonight. They would both be in the driver's seat, navigating together.

It's honestly not... easy? They keep accidentally pushing each other out of front for a moment. And then sometimes they both stop fronting and both of their heads would fill with static and they'd have to hurry and push back into front.

With the hour they had to practice though, both of them had agreed they were doing pretty good by now.

Leaf is just about done with his current drawing when Paige's phone pings from his bed.

"Wonder who that is..." Paige says aloud, stilling their hand.

"Dunno," Leaf shrugs. "Let's go check."

The two of them walk slowly over to their bed and flop down on it the second they can. Paige scoops up his phone and taps at it, making it light up.

[9:29 PM]

> kev: don't forget abt the party tmrw B)

"Oh my gosh!" Paige gasps, losing the grip he had on his phone and causing it to smush him in the face. "Oww..." he groans, picking it back up. Quickly he navigates to his messages with Kevin, looking at the previous ones.

[2:57 PM]

> kev: thanx for comin over again

> kev: i think i rlly needed some company

> kev: even tho u didnt stay v long. not ur fault ofc, but like ykno

> book of paiges: No problem!! I'm glad I could help :)

> kev: me too <3

> kev: but anywayzz here the info for the 16th

The messages after are Kevin explaining how Collins would pick Paige up around 2 and drop him back off around 8. He's very adamant about Paige leaving when he does.

[3:09 PM]

> book of paiges: Any reason I can't stay longer?

> kev: we're gonna go to the skatepark and get super wasted lol

> kev: doesnt seem like ur scene

> kev: nd i wanna make sure ull b ok before we go

> book of paiges: Aw! You're so sweet :)

> kev: <3

The last message is today's.

"Ohhh my gosh..." Paige sighs. "I totally forgot..."

"You still wanna go?" Leaf asks. "It's early enough. We could probably get good sleep and still be good for tomorrow."

Paige thinks for a moment before nodding. "Yeah, I think I will!" He sits up. "I wanna be there for Kevin, y'know? And it's not like we have anything else to do."

"Awesome," Leaf grins. "Let's go get some sleep, then."

As if on cue, Paige nods. "Okay. You want me to do our night stuff?" Leaf nods as he climbs into his bed. Paige still isn't sure where he got that from, but it looked comfortable so he was sure it didn't matter much.

"Ima knock out early," Leaf yawns now. "Night, Paiges."

Paige smiles wide. "Night, Lee!"