Chapter 14

"For a teenager, you were actually quite passionate for writing, weren't you?"

I look at Spy in disbelief, my body still. The papers he's holding in his hands are some of my most personal documents. Not even my family has read them. All that angst and horrible punctuation, all lemony fresh.

"You ASSHOLE!" I yell at him. He's actually quite startled by this, and I immediately yank the paper from his hand, crushing it between my fingers. I turn around and look at the words in my hands. It's as I expected, my shitty teenage trauma dumps. "I can't believe you... this wasn't- I never-" I stumble across my words as the men look over at me in silence. Spy, once again, makes his voice heard at the worst of times.

"This is what you wanted, right madame? You wrote it yourself; nine strapping rogues sweeping you off of your feet and freeing you of all your worries. To put yourself into our world. You are finally here, Congratulations." He puts a hand on my shoulder and pats me. "You are now officially off the hook as a spy! Your new identity is now a crazy stalker fan! How about that?"

"Oi," Sniper speaks up, but before he says anything else, I push Spy's hand away from me and turn around.

"You think..." I nervously try to hide my sobbing with a laugh, but a tear flows from my eye instinctively. "You think I want to be here?" I crumple the papers up and toss them in the floor. "I just got out of Basic Training, man. I was about to go home. My family is waiting for me, my friends. Hell, one of my friends called me to come get them, that's the whole reason I was on the fucking road and crashed in the first place." Spy's sarcastic smirk grew slowly into a concerned stare the more I ranted. The rest of them were all looking at each other, unsure of what to do.

"And now you accuse me of being a stalker because, what, as a teen I wrote x readers about fictional characters that just so happen to actually exist?" I look around the room at everyone, and I start to feel embarrassed again. "I... I just want to go home." I move away from Spy and slide my way around Engi and Sniper, then run away, down the hall.

Day 4

So the mercs found my TF2 fanfics from when I was a teenager...

Ugh

How'd they get it? Probably Engi. He now knows that I thought his ten PHDs were sexy and I called him and the rest of the mercs "daddy" in my own words, through text, along with other not so family-freindly terms...

This is officially the end of my life here. I'm dying of embarrassment even as I write this -- Chronic humiliation -- it can't be cured, especially not if it's a situation like mine.

I should have went to therapy instead of joining the Army.

I close my journal and slam my face in the pillow laid in front of me. I'm huddled away in a couch in the living room, with my dead phone and my dead heart. I hug my journal and myself and try to forget about the world around me. I feel awful.

"There you are, Sheila." Sniper's voice creeped up behind me from afar, in a gentle tone. I don't turn his way, instead I sink my face deeper into the couch. He walks up next to the couch, but doesn't come closer. "Look. We don't think you're a stalker or crazy or, whatever the hell Spy said about you. He's been acting up for a while now, and nobody knows what's going on with him."

I don't move, but I listen. He gets down to my level and closer to the couch. "I've got to admit something to you, love. Don't get mad at me now." I tense up a little at the anticipation of what he's about to admit. "I've actually read some of that journal you've got there as well." I shoot my head up and glare at him, grab my journal and hold it to my chest. He hold his hands up defensively. "Woah woah, I'm not laughing at you about it. I'm not! I just thought you should know." He puts his hands down and sighs.

"It wasn't recently. Last I read, you had just out of that motel you'd told us about. And you, er, thanked a bloke named Obama?" Hearing the Sniper say Obama made me want to laugh, but instead I sighed and smiled a little. Sniper caught this and pressed. "Awful strange name for a person. Obama." He says it like 'O Bam uh' instead of how I'm used to hearing it, and that, for some reason, makes me crack up.

"Stop saying it" I say, trying and failing not to smile.

"Saying what... Obama?" He's teasing me at this point. "Why? It's a new word for me. Obama."

I start to laugh and I put the tips of my fingers on his mouth to keep him from saying it. "It's so weird hearing you say that." He starts laughing too, his silly chuckle makes me laugh more.

He moves his lips and pretends to keep saying it. I push my head into the pillow to suppress my laughing, and I move my hand from his lips to his shoulder and push him away playfully.

After he and I stop laughing he gets a word in. "I just want you to know that you aren't a pest alright, love? We've had nasty visitors before, and you certainly ain't one of 'em." I look up from my pillow toward his direction. "I ain't a jolly person and my patience wears thin easily, but ever since you got here, the team has been softening up, being all up in their thoughts and feelings, worrying about you. It's a rough start but you'll fit in. I promise." He stands up and puts a hand on my head. "And we'll get you home. Somehow, I promise ya.."

He leaves me alone on the couch with messy hair.

•••••••
Authors note:

Sorry this took so long to post! My creative juices are wearing thin and I lost one of my phone so now I have one phone. (I'm not rich I was given an old iphone from my bro lol)

I love to see you guys commenting and voting and stuff, it makes me think I'm actually writing something fun. If you guys have anything you want to see from this, I read every comment so feel free to share ideas and critique my book! Thank you so much for liking my stinky little fanfics.
- Mac