Chapter 22

●○●○

I walk out of my medical ward with my patient's information in my hands. When the door closes behind me, I sigh. "She's okay..." I reassure myself. Normally I'm not the type to care for another person's wellbeing, but when she acts like a lost kitten all her the time, it makes it hard not to want to take care of her. It's infuriating. What's even more infuriating though, is her questionable durability. I look down at my papers and furrow my brow.

I continue to walk until I'm in the file room, a small room with a plethora of mostly empty filing cabinets and a short desk crammed into the corner of the room. I place my documents onto the table and open one cabinet with a single file inside. Only a couple of test results that I ran for Y/n about a week ago.

She's been a hard nut to crack when it comes to the vehicle trauma. The only thing I've discovered from her examinations has been her brain damage, and even now she refuses to let me open up her head and examine her brain. I'm tempted to just sedate her and crack her head open, but I refrain, as per Engineer's riduculous "regulations". It's not like I would kill her, at least on purpose. I'd get much more reaserch done as well, but I digress.

Looking through her past tests again, her results are average for a person of her size and stature. During my observation of her, I wrote down some of the odd quirks that I noticed when she's in my presence during what she calls "check ups". She has a hard time sitting still, she stutters quite frequently, and she avoids making eye contact. I take these into consideration when observing her mental state, as well as other social cues and facial details. Remembering our last check up makes me wonder if she's still scared of us. From what I've noticed though, she doesn't act this nervous around anyone else.

So far it just seems like she must not like doctors. I smile and laugh at the thought. I take the notes and results and place them on the desk as well, then pull up a chair.

While updating the documents, I hear a small knock on the door as I go to sit down, and I groan.

"Jabol." I call out. The door creaks open and it's my good friend, Heavy. I sigh and give him a small smile. "Come in, Heavy."

Heavy walks inside with a pitiful look on his face and closes the door behind him. He looks at me and frowns. He crosses his arms.

"You are angry at her." He says. I chuckle at the accusation and sigh.

"I'm not angry at her." Correcting him, I cross my legs and turn my body to face him, smiling casually. "I'm just... I'm quite annoyed at her." He slowly walks up to me, and I adjust my gaze, becoming more defensive. "I mean, we have told her countless times that we are mercenaries. That this facility is dangerous. That she is weak and still recovering. Am I wrong to be upset?"

"No." Heavy leans on the cabinets and sighs. "I am angry with little girl as well. She is too small to be on her own. I look at her and see my sisters when they were her age. Full of energy. Tenacious, and subborn. Young women like that are difficult to tame." Heavy scratches his chin with his thumb and I definitely finger. "I don't blame her for getting caught by Blu Team, but Heavy wishes she hadn't run off."

"Yes. Of course. I'm glad you understand my concern." I adjust my glasses and turn back to the paperwork. "I'm only upset at the fact that she got caught, really. We'll have to figure out how to break the ice about our doppelgangers now that she's seen their faces, and that wasn't something I nor anyone was prepared to discuss with her."