Chapter 25

○○○○

"What are you writing about?" Suddenly Spy pops up from behind me, startling me. I immediately close the book and shuffle in the bed to face him.

"Nunya! Why are you here so early?" I give him a playful glare and sit up in bed and look at my watch. "It's not even 7pm yet."

"I see you're using your gifts." He sits on the bed beside me, fluttering his eyes like he's a dainty schoolgirl talking to a crush. "I'm glad to see that you appreciate them, Y/n."

I smile and laugh awkwardly. "W-well of course. I've never been so aware of the time before until I lasted so long without it. Thank you again, Spy. I don't know how to repay you for this."

"Oh, you'd like to repay me, huh?" He smirks and leans close. "I think I have an idea about how you might be able to do that..." He suddenly gets really close, and my eyes go wide as I look down and see his hand reaching for me.

"M-My..." I studder. As soon as I see what he's reaching for, I turn my body away. I glare at him for real now. "L-like I said before, you aren't going to get even a glimpse of this journal! I told you to stop asking me that."

He simply chuckles and moans a sigh. "Such a tease. I just want to get to know you better, mon couer."

"Look, the only other person to read my book besides me is Sniper. I'm not taking any more chances with my privacy anymore. The guy hardly even comes to see me anyways."

I frown a little thinking about Sniper. He was so nice to me in the beginning. Everyone was. But ever since the incident, hardly anyone takes the time to talk to me or even come and see me besides Spy. I put my journal down away from him and slump onto the head of the bed.

"Why... why are you being so nice to me, anyways? You visit all the time, and no one else seems to really come around anymore. The only person I really talk to is Medic, and even then he's become so stoic and unapproachable."

Spy smiles and sighs again. He looks at me with confident eyes. For some reason I feel like even he doesn't seem to care. He's always so flirty and acts nice, but it's the kind of nice attitude I feel a guy gives you if he wants to get in your pants or your wallet. He hasn't tried anything funny though, so I entertain him while he visits.

"Mom couer, I understand it's very hard to stay here. I can't imagine it's very fun. If I were you, I'd want someone to visit me too. Especially knowing that all of these brutish men don't even give you the time of day."

He reaches his hand and brushes a strand of hair out of my face and behind my ear. I look up at him with a pitiful, but appreciative smile. His half lidded eyes slowly blink as he looks at me, keeping his hand on my face as he looks into my eyes. "Would you like to run away, mon couer?"

"...w-what?" I blankly stare at him, confused by what he's saying. He notices this and brings his hands to his lap and he looks at me with a humored smile.

"Well, you've been living in this cramped little Medical ward for so long, I imagine that some fresh air would do you well, especially after being ignored by your so-called saviors." He places his hand on my leg and shakes it. "This is a great opportunity as well, non? Most of them are gone or sleeping. Medic hasn't come by tonight either and I doubt he will soon. What do you say?"

I smile and laugh awkwardly. "Um... I know they haven't been attentive, but if I sneak out like that they're gonna get even more angry at me. So..."

"Well, what they don't know won't kill them, oui?" He takes my hand. "And, if you're with me... sneaking around is my job, mon cour. I'm certain we wouldn't get caught."