Tapes from the Muse Herself... [Pt. 2]

[Continuation of The Tapes of the Muse.]

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅☾︎⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

"I never once encountered a man so beautifully sadistic in my life.

"The first time I ever saw what he did, I couldn't move. I just stared at the beauty of what he had made and it was terrifying.

"It was grotesque, macabre, it was absolutely sick and horrific in every way... The fear was beautiful.

"I'd never seen anything like it, and I loved it. However, when he asked me to devise something? I had no clue what to think of at all. I thought he was going to kill me to make me like one of his projects, but no...

"I remember when I showed him just how much I understood him, he gave me a look of what I could only call shocked and taken aback. I told him everything from my past in tears and in frustration, before I told him that my favourite photo he's ever taken was one of the guards that were sent into this place being shot in the head, his blood spraying everywhere... I told him that I had imagined it as my abuser, and it made me happy.

"He was silent for a moment before he looked at me in sympathy. I think he realized that I had a broken mind just like he did, maybe in a different way, but broken nonetheless... I think that drew him closer to me than he ever had been before. Finding a kinship in one's traumatic life, I'd think.

"We had discussed making art since that moment... Then he asked me if I had a glorious picture in my head, some sort of inspiration. He assured me to look deep into my imagination, that there was nothing that couldn’t be made in this world.

"I admit it, feeling his hands on my shoulders as he spoke to me in that cooing tone, the sadistic intentions clear as day in his words... I loved it. Then, he said something to inspire those darkened thoughts that were already in my head:

- “Think of him... Think of that idiota, manipolatore bastardo; think of what he did to you and how you felt about it. If he were in front of you right at this very moment... What masterpiece would you turn him into?~”

"The amount of anger that filled me, the rage that I felt when I imagined him in front of me, helpless, begging, frightened of what I was going to do to him... I'm sure he felt me shaking, but he just kept me in that mindset with his sweet words.

- “Let your imagination run free in this world! There is nothing holding you back here.~”

"I let my emotions fester and grow as I imagined different images in my head, imagining how he would scream and cry and beg for mercy... But I had none. When I finally had a solid idea in my head, I told him. The grin that crawled onto those flirtatious and sweet-talking lips made me shudder, but I drew it out for him anyways in my sketchbook. He looked it over carefully, then back to me with that same grin from earlier on his face.

"I mean, all it is was just a simple design of an angel with his wings spread and one of his arms reaching to the ground and the other to the sky; not a big deal right? But dear God, I was wrong.

"When he actually created it for me out of one of the Mobius guards that still lingered around, I was honestly shocked.

"The wings of blood glittered under the lights, the arm reaching to the sky was broken but it still gracefully fell through the air, and his arm reaching the ground had seemed as if he was just about to touch down to Earth.

"I just couldn't look away, and neither could he. The next thing I heard from him in my amazed trance was:

- “How will we ever top this?”

"And then I was suddenly confused. We? He included me in such a thing, and I didn't know how to feel... But I felt good. I felt accomplished. Like I had done something right for once in my life.

"And yet somehow, this man created something beautiful out of such a simple idea I had on paper. I dared to respond to him:

- “We? I-I've hardly done anything! Why are you saying we did this?”

"He looked at me over his left shoulder and told me something I would never forget, as if he himself carved it into my soul:

- “You gave me my inspiration.~♡”

"I had to process that, in all honesty. Me? Inspiration? To an artist of this caliber? No way in Hell.

- “Like... Like a Muse?” I dared to ask.
- “Si si, exactly... Like a Muse of my own.~” He chuckled softly as he began to walk towards me.

"I could hardly register that, the fact he referred to me like a Muse when I'd hardly done anything but draw the concept for this! But with the grin he had as he approached me to hand me the photograph he had made of my idea, to see such delight in what we did together...

"Little did I realize at the time... That's when I began to fall in love with this sadistic man.~♡"

-Part 2 of ???? of the Tapes of the Muse.