|𝟏𝟒| |𝐂ᴏɴғʀᴏɴᴛɪɴɢ 𝐑ᴇᴀʟɪᴛʏ.|

𝐓ʜᴇ 𝐍ᴇᴘʜɪʟɪᴍ 𝐖ᴀs 𝐇ᴇᴀʀᴛʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ.

She was on the ground with her arms around herself, staring at Vicki's corpse and then her sword, which was covered with the vampire's blood which was now besmeared on her trembling hand as well.

Stefan complied with her actual order to call Damon and he had to admit, it was the first time he started to believe that Angels can actually change. Example? The Devil himself.

He pressed Damon's contact on his phone and waited for him to answer.

"What?" Responded the vampire with a voice that indicated the smirk on his face.

"I need your help," said Stefan to him and hung up the phone, looking at Alexandra with a sympathetic face.

"Take Jeremy and go home," requested the crying beauty while wiping off her makeup with a moist towelette. "I need to face him alone," Stefan tried to object, seeing her murderous aura but the Nephilim got to him first, "I won't hurt him, Stefan, don't you worry." She smiled reassuringly at him and the vampire knew that even in her current mood, she was being honest.

Well, at least she was persuasive and Stefan believed that she was actually not going to harm his brother.

Jeremy was whimpering and they had to force him to stand up from the ground and away from Vicki.

When everyone (reluctantly) left, Alexandra's thoughts were screaming inside her head.

I killed Vicki...

I killed a child...

A child that I took care of and saved from harming herself not even two months ago.

How am I going to face Matt again? How am I going to look him in the eyes when I'm responsible for killing the only person that was left to him?

And Jeremy? He will hate me forever for what I did to the girl he loved.

And to think I was the one who got them together...

How am I going to tell that to everyone; my father, my brothers, Daniel...

The sound of footsteps brought her back to reality.

Damon approached Vicki's body before standing over it and observing it carefully.

"What happened to you?" He wondered before he noticed the burned flesh around Vicki's heart.

"The very same thing that is going to happen to you."

He turned around and found Alexandra with her sword in her hand, ready to attack him but Damon caught her arm before she had the chance to kill him too. He twirled her in his arms and her back ended up in his chest, her whole figure trapped in his embrace.

"You don't wanna do this, Hotness," he breathed in her ear.

"Oh, believe me, I do," she hit him with the back of her head and broke his nose in the process.

"You really don't wanna do this," he repeated, calmly, as he fixed his nose.

"Have you any idea how many people died since the day you set foot in this town?" She threateningly asked and started making closer steps towards the vampire who tripped and fell down.

"Or how much celestial energy, my brothers and I have had to waste in order to protect our friends from you!?"

A sudden wave of air appeared in the atmosphere and the sky darkened.