|𝟏𝟔| |𝐀Ɏᎅ 𝐃ᎏ 𝐑ᎇᎍᎇᎍʙᎇʀ; 𝐈 𝐖ɪʟʟ 𝐀ʟwᎀʏs 𝐋ᎏᎠᎇ 𝐘ᎏ᎜.|

​​​​​​A/N: Warning! This chapter will contain rather saddening content from the middle and on, so proceed to read at your own discretion...
___________________________________________

𝐃ᴀɴɪᴇʟ 𝐖ᴀs 𝐀sʟᴇᴇᴘ, 𝐀ʟᴇxᴀɴᴅʀᴀ 𝐖ᴀs 𝐍ᴏᴛ.

The newly engaged lady was trying to comprehend the fact that she was actually engaged with the man she adored.

She was oh so delighted with her future with Daniel, that she'd completely forgotten about her Archangelic ancestry, her said soulmate and everything that had to do with Damon Salvatore and his brainlessness.

She kept thinking about her and Daniel's conversation about the two of them having a baby and getting married which made her a tad suspicious about his rapidness.

Did he want them hitched so badly that he couldn't wait any longer?

Facing down at his sleeping form, Alexandra smiled at the view of his calm expression which she adored dearly and raised her sleek fingers to caress his dark-blond hair in a soothing rhythm as Daniel subconsciously hugged her tightly in his sleep.

Turning her gaze to see the night sky outside the window, she got lost in her thoughts as Daniel opened his eyes and beamed lovingly when a certain memory illuminated in his head...

𝐒ᴜɴᴅᴀʏ 28ᴛʜ 𝐎ᴄᴛᴏʙᴇʀ 2007

𝐌ᴀɪɴᴇ, 𝐍ᴇw 𝐘ᴏʀᴋ 𝐂ɪᴛʏ.

The clock struck ten o'clock in the morning.

It was a 𝐆ʀᴀɴᴅ 𝐂ᴇʟᴇʙʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ for Greece but the Nephilim's mind did not think much of it since her thoughts were elsewhere.

Although raining, there were plenty of sunrays that illuminated Alexandra's newly awaken hickory-coloured eyes as she stared at the weather's anomaly outside her window as Daniel's also naked form slept heavily within her embrace.

The gentle caress through his hair was what made him wake up from his slumber. Not recalling just yet what had happened the previous night, Daniel slowly opened his forest-green eyes only to witness the most beautiful creature in his life - now more beautiful than ever, without any trace of makeup - having him in her embrace with only a satin gold-coloured sheet shielding her nudity from his view.

His face was instantly adorned with the warmest smile he could ever master as the passionate moment between the two of them came to warm his heart and mind when he noticed Alexandra's hair still wet from last night when the water's assault saturated it while Daniel held her against the shower tray's marble-tiled wall and intoxicated her with his forbidden touches and kisses, many hours ago.

His eyes were still glued on her cogitative complexion and his ears were able to listen only to his increased heartbeat and not the raindrops hitting the glass of the Institute's window.

"Daniel Campbell, if you think that there is even one tiny possibility of me returning your stare, you're incredibly mistaken!"

Her voice reached his ears after so many hours and the smile on his face grew wider.

"Why not, cherry pie?" His smirk-laced voice enquired. "You are very well aware that I'm quite fond of your magnificent eyes."

The female Nephilim turned her head askance and let her wavy hair hide her blushing face before the blond male used his fingers to brush her hair away and put it behind her ear, letting them caress over the crimson skin. "You're so adorable when you're blushing."