|20| |𝐍ᴏ 𝐑ᴇsᴛ 𝐅ᴏʀ 𝐓ʜᴇ 𝐖ɪᴄᴋᴇᴅ. 𝐍ᴏ 𝐑ᴇsᴛ 𝐅ᴏʀ 𝐓ʜᴇ 𝐂ᴇʟᴇsᴛɪᴀʟ, 𝐄ɪᴛʜᴇʀ.|

​​​​​A/N: Warning! This chapter will contain rather saddening and intense content from the middle and on, so proceed to read at your own discretion...
_______________________________________________

𝐓ʜᴇ 𝐑ᴇᴛᴜʀɴ 𝐓ᴏ 𝐌ʏsᴛɪᴄ 𝐅ᴀʟʟs 𝐖ᴀsɴ'ᴛ 𝐏ᴇᴄᴜʟɪᴀʀʟʏ 𝐐ᴜɪᴇᴛ 𝐀s 𝐄xᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ.

The sentiment of being watched did not escape Alexandra's advanced senses; although entirely isolated on the highway, she could sense she was being pursued, even from a distance.

As if she had asked for it, she spotted the lights of a car through the rear-view mirror, verifying her suspicion.

Rolling her eyes with an angry sigh, she supported her left elbow against the driver's door and rubbed her forehead, in exhaustion, not wishing to deal with anything right now.

Determined to make her pursuer lose her tracks, the half-Cretan accelerated the car insanely and sped far away from whoever was coming after her.

Reaching the next crossroads, she turned to the opposite turn of her destination and stopped the car behind some trees. She stalled the engine and let the clutch out before the lights turned off.

Exhaling a breath, she anticipated seeing her pursuer's car arriving, hoping to discover who he was or for whom he was following her.

The car appeared once again after a while and the Nephilim fisted the steering wheel in tension when she observed it slowing down until it came to stop right before the crossroads.

She exhaled loudly, in relief when she heard the vehicle's engine on again before it continued forward instead of taking either of the two turns.

Letting some time to pass, the Giannakaki lady turned her own engine on and drove to the other turn, towards Mystic Falls, thinking about how to proceed with the following days; stay in Mystic Falls and have to deal with Jenna being aware of the truth and then assisting Anna in opening the tomb and releasing her mother with the fear that she might wish to release the other vampires as well...? Or going to Crete and spend as much time as she could with her family and children, hoping to ease her pain more easily?

She didn't get to ponder more over either subject as suddenly something great heavy hit her windshield, cracking it instantly and the Nephilim hit on the brakes abruptly, utterly in shock.

Endeavouring to comprehend what had just occurred, Alexandra took her seatbelt off with a click and opened the door to see what the hell was thrown onto her car.

The divulgence was not pleasant.

Her eyes fell on four insect-like breeding parasites, known as 𝐒ʜᴀx 𝐃ᴇᴍᴏɴs, evidently sent by a Higher Demon for a God knows why.

"Seriously?" Mused the brunette, ambushed as she felt her serpent armband jewel slide her wrist and slowly turn into an ᴇʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴜᴍ wʜɪᴘ, that looped her palm.