The Mortal Cup (part 1)

"Hey can you watch where you're going" said the redhead. "You can see me?" asked the mystery blonde.

(8 hours earlier)

At the Brooklyn Academy of Art

"Hi, I'm Clary Fray" introduced Clary. "This landscape is very.... decorative" said the female professor. "Well I wasn't really going for decorative, exactly" said the redhead. "What are those?" asked the professor while looking at the drawing on the cover of her sketchpad. "Oh, those. Nothing, just, um... some ideas for a graphic novel I'm drawing for a friend" said Clary, "really; it's just there by mistake". "The Brooklyn Academy of Art doesn't believe in mistakes" antagonized the professor.

Later at Java Jones

"Give me the professors' names and I-I will end them" said Simon, Clary's nerdy best friend. "Don't bother" said clary with a sad face and handed him her letter. "What?" Simon exclaimed while looking at Congratulations written in bold, "Sad face? Really? Well played, well played" Simon said as they fist bumped. "Thank you. You know it's weird. They kind of liked my assigned work, but they flipped out over the drawings for our graphic novel" informed clary. "You're welcome" said Simon. "This day will go down in history as the greatest 18th birthday I ever had" said Clary. "Speaking of, why didn't you invite Azzy" asked Simon. "Why should I, she'll just ruin the day and my mood with her 'I don't care anymore attitude'. I seriously can't bother with her and can't wait until she moves out" Clary said, her voice dripping with hidden jealousy and envy of how skilled and intelligent and admired her older sister is. "You're my best friend Clary but we both know that she could hand you your butt if she wanted to" said Simon honestly. "Seriously Simon, you too, it seems like the only person on my side is mom and Dot" Clary exaggerated. "What are you talking about sides, Clary" Simon asked. "It's like I'm the only one who sees how selfish, manipulative and attention-seeking she is" Clary patronized. "It seem like you're describing yourself" thought Simon. "Anyways, are we still celebrating my birthday tonight" Clary asked. "Yes, with Maureen, after our show" said Simon. "Absolutely" agreed Clary. "Anyways, I gotta go, I promised my mom that I'd at least help her prepare dinner before my show" said Simon. "Okay, I'll see you later" said Clary.