They All Fall Down (DIFFERENT STORY)

Title: They All Fall Down

Genre: Fiction-of-some-sort, mystery, thriller, other

Description: Once the plain reached a couple thousand feet, I felt weightless, like gravity could no longer reach me. I was staring down at the tiny, ant-sized buildings and even tinier cars. I had the point of view of a giant. A thick, white haze clouded the window and then pure, sapphire blue that was so bright it nearly blinded me.

Then, a shake. A quiver of the plane.

A cackle like a balloon popping times a thousand.

Gravity took hold of my stomach first, pulling on it before it grasped the rest of my body. Time froze; we were suspended in air for what felt like hours while the reality of the situation entered our minds.  Then the blue sky disappeared, a flash of grey, a spark of red, and then the earth took focus of my sight. The silence that surrounded me for seconds exploded into terrified screams and cries. There was a small sub-chorus of babies crying. Behind me, an old couple sobbed. My mom's hand on my wrist was preventing any blood to circulate into my hand. That was it; that was the end.

At least, that's what I thought. I had hoped. I had wished.

Sirens in the distant, alert, shrill. Hand on my arms, my shoulders. Shadows in sight, hovering over me, hiding the grey sky. The black smoke.

What had happened? 

Piece: