Falling Embers

Title: Falling Embers

Genre: Action, Adventure, Mystery/Suspense

Discription: Blair was found in the remains of a down fighter plane on a Military Reserve in the West Coast. When she wakes up, she can remember nothing except for her first name and finds herself in a Military base that belongs to the Fighter Fleet. She doesn't remember where she came from or who she was before she woke up, but once she's put into a plane, she's the best air force pilot the Fighter Fleet has ever seen and is quick to recruit her. But when Blair's memory slowly begins to come back, she wishes it hadn't.

Piece:

March 30

1600 o’clock

Island off the west coast

            Beep! Beep! Beep! The sirens blared. The red lights flashed. Someone or something had tripped the alarm on the north side of the island, alerting the military base that was stationed about a two miles south of the unidentified object.

Two soldiers, Aaron Stark and A.J Masons, were sent armed and ready to investigate the intruder. Their firearms were loaded and pointed out in front of them as they made their way through the thick jungle brush.

The smell of smoke and gasoline polluted the air, making A.J cringe. The forest in front of them glowed a faint orange, flickering. Aaron pointed up towards the sky and A.J followed his gaze; thick, black smoke was spiraling into the blue sky above. The two stiffened, holding their guns tighter. Aaron with his fingers counted to three and they jumped through the brush, meeting a pile of burning scrap metal that used to be a fighter jet.

Slowly and cautiously, the soldiers approached the crashed air craft, looking for any designs or seals that might indicate what military it was part of; Fighter Fleet or Red Talon. They began rummaging through the scraps, looking for anything that could be useful like cargo, maps, weaponry, etc.

Aaron moved aside a large piece of the plane to reveal something under the rubble, like fabric. Aaron gave it a tug and a body followed. It was the body of a girl, maybe only eighteen-years-old.'

            “A.J! I got a body!” Aaron called, ushering her over. She ran up beside him, looking down at the charred and crumpled girl. Her clothes were torn and tattered, covered in gasoline, and her face was smudged with it. A.J knelt down beside her, feeling her neck for a pulse.

            “She’s alive,” she glanced up at Aaron. He scrambled to grab his radio and called in to Sargent Max Hanson.

            “Sir, we need a medic. Pilot down, I repeat, pilot down.”

            “One is being sent to your coordinates now, Stark,”