~ Chapter 1- are we there yet? ~

Melissa POV:

Me and Ryan have been begging my dad for 3 WHOLE YEARS to go back to cousins for the summer and it finally worked, I was on the road to my favourite place, about see my favourite people for the first time since mom fell into the coma. I knew why dad kept us back in Illinois for so long and I understand but I am so happy to finally be coming back.

"MEL WAKE UP"
"let me sleep dipshit" I said tiredly.
"Language missy! anyway we're at the gas station do u want anything?" Dad questioned.
"pineapple ice tea please and thanks"
I put my earphones in and listened to 'cruel summer' by Taylor Swift until my ice tea came and I finally decided to talk to my family.
"Dad?"
"Yeah honey?"
"Are we there yet" I looked at Ryan, every time we came to cousins we would continuously ask mom and dad if we were there yet. And so we did.
"Oh my god not this AGAIN"
"oh come on dad it's just a bit of funnnn" laughed Ryan. When me and Ryan finally stopped. Dad said,"you kids do know I love you right?"
"Yeah"
"Of course"
"Good, keep it that way"
We all laughed and i went back on my phone and scrolled through insta for a bit.

Next thing I know we are slowed down and I look up and there it was, the Fisher House  so many memories came back to me when I saw it and I eagerly got out the car. Dad beeped the car horn and Susanna came running outside.
"Oh my god hi!" She came over and hugged me straight away. I hugged back and saw Laurel coming outside to great us as well.
Once the moms had greeted us we went inside and they called all the kids into the kitchen where we were standing.
"OH MY GOD MEL" belly shouted in disbelief and tackled me in a hug.
"Ryan, Mel it's been forever!" Steven smiled and came in from outside.
"DID SOMEONE SAY RYAN AND MEL" Jeremiah ran in and slid across the floor by his feet, "WHATS UPP MAN" he exclaimed running over to my brother. When Jeremiah let go he looked over at my and looked me up and down,"WOAH Mel you look so.. different." I gave him an offended look, "in a good way I meant." He quickly added, and gave me a hug.
"Where's Conrad?" Ryan asked.
"Oh he's out with his girlfriend." Steven said with a bit of sadness in his voice. "GIRLFRIEND?" Me and Ryan shouted at the same time, "sorry, but how does that loser have a girlfriend" Ryan said confused. "Hey, watch it!" Susanna said from the kitchen.

I have had a crush on Conrad since I was about 12 but around the same time I developed said crush, Belly revealed to me that she also had a crush on my crush who was Conrad. So I kept my little childhood crush a secret cause I always thought that Belly was better for Conrad. Even after I found that out,my heart still beat a bit for conrad and to be honest it still did a little bit. So, when I found out that Conrad had a girlfriend all I could think about was how sorry I was for Belly and for myself.

I went to my room upstairs and realised that it was the exact same, nothing had moved and even my 'sand-globe' was still on the shelf that I had put it on when I got it.

Just as I was looking around there was a knock at my door, "come iiinnn" I sang with joy. "Heyyy Smelly Melly" Jeremiah sang back.
"Damn I really thought you had forgotten about the nicknames Jere Bear"
"How could I ever forget." He winked
"Jeremiah Fisher please never do that again."  I rolled my eyes.
"Maybe I will, maybe I won't" he ran out the room. I fell back onto my bed and just layed there for a bit relaxing. Well I was relaxing until Belly came in and jumped on the bed next to me. "I AM SO HAPPY YOU ARE FINALLY BACK" she said excitedly. "Belly your smiling so hard it looks like you are going to dislocate your jaw." Belly is like a younger sister to me, annoying but fun to have. Me and belly have always been close we would always be on the same team against the boy when we played games and we always lost, the only thing we won against them was volleyball. "I don't know what to wear for dinner tonight Bells can you help me pick plssss" actually I know exactly what I what to wear but I'm not telling Belly that cause she LOVES to pick my outfits. A few minutes later she revealed denim jean shorts, a plain white top and a checkered pink flannel. "hm, cute" I said whilst smiling. "Right you get that outfit on I'm gonna go get ready" Belly ran towards her own room and I got my outfit on and put on some mascara.

~Later~

We were sitting around the same table as we used to, nothing had changed, nothing at all, it was just like when we were younger, Steven,Jeremiah and Ryan picking on Belly and me with Conrad laughing along and the moms laughing at all of us. Except this time it wasn't all the moms just my mom was missing. The docs say it would be a miracle if she ever woke again but dad just keeps putting in the money to keep her going, he loves her so much and I don't think he is ever gonna stop having hope.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hehehehehehehhrgeheheheg hope you enjoyed the first chapter this is actually my first book so yeah anyways I have no clue what I'm gonna write for chapter 2 but watching tsitp rn even tho I watched it yesterday hehe buh bye