~Chapter 9 - best 4th ever!~

I remember my last 4th of July in cousin's, it was all about tradition, Susanna decks out the whole house, the dad's come for the weekend, the boys steam clams and shoot fireworks and me and Belly were always just off to the side with nothing to do but this year I had friends and I had plans.

"MORNING MELISSA" Belly shouted while hitting me with a pillow,"HAPPY FOURTH"
she said while whacking me again. "Go, get out I need to get ready!" I rolled out of her bed and sleepily walked to the bathroom, I splashed water on my face to wake me up and damn it worked, I went running to my room and I dug through my draws to find my special 4th of July shorts, they were standard blue denim shorts that I had stitched a star into. I also found my red and white stripped top and put them on. Then, I put on some mascara and went downstairs.
"Shayla's coming round today with Nicole, Gigi and some ivy girl so you'll get to meet her." Talk about hoe hopping.
"That's wonderful!" Susanna said.
"Oh good morning Melissa, you look amazing!" Laurel said as I walked in.
"Thanks laurel you t-. Wait, are you wearing make-up?" I pointed out.
"Oh my- she wearing make-up" Steven looked closer.
"Yeah you are!" Susanna realised and everyone cheered. "So what we're having a party" laurel defended herself.
"Mhmm I sure it has nothing to with John coming to the Clam Bake" Susanna mentioned.
"Please, the husband's always come for the 4th" 
"He's not your husband anymore." Belly corrected.
"Whoops yeah, ex-husband" There was a sense of tension in the air so I quickly asked, "By the way, has anyone seen Ryan, the last time I saw him was when I grabbed a snack from the kitchen last night."
"Oh yeah I have actually he's outside by the pool." Steven answered.  I walked outside, he was on his phone, and smiling like an idiot, "met a girl I assume?" I said and he jumped. "Jeez Mel don't scare me like that, and yes actually I did."
"Ooooo who?"
"Some girl from the party, she said she had a rough night so I drove her home then went for a walk."
"Oh my baby brother, growing up" I said, while pinching his cheek. "Shut up, your only 13 minutes older."
Right after he said, we both walked into the kitchen,"Their staying here, in the room next to mine?!" Belly said slightly raising her voice. "Oh speaking of dad's." Susanna said turning to Jeremiah, "Yours called, he's closing a deal, so he can't come." Jere's face dropped, I felt bad for him, "what?" He replied. Then Conrad walked in, "did you say dad's not coming?"
"Mhmm"
"But I got some serious fireworks for the show this year?" He sounded really disappointed. "Well we'll take a video" Susanna suggested, "it's not the same" he then walked out. "What are you smiling over there for" Ryan asked while nodding at Conrad. "Oh nothing" then he walked out as well.

~ A Little Later ~

We all raced to the front door when we heard a car horn, all of us looked out the window and saw Belly and Stevens dad getting out of his car with his new girlfriend, Victoria. "Damn" Jeremiah and Ryan both said. "Dude!" Steven slapped them both on the arm. "She looks like a bitch!" I said and everyone laughed.
"Yo, that could be there future step-mom" Conrad added. "Dude what the hell!" Steven said playfully pushing him, "Don't push me!" Con warned as they started to push eachother as a joke. "Shit there coming!"
"Go go go go!" We all shouted, 4 of us running away while Steven and Belly stayed, waiting at the door. "There's no way she's 27" I whispered to the others. "Yeah we need to check her wallet or something" Jeremiah added. Then we heard the doorbell, I ran over and looked outside, "THE DEBUTANTES ARE HERE!" I shouted, opening the door and letting them all in, and giving Ivy and hug then I saw a car pull up and I realised it was Ivan's so I let him in as well, "Hey Ivan this is Ivy, my big sis for the debutante." Ivy whispered a same hey and then Ivan introduced himself and they got on straight away! I took them out back and I left them there because I heard another car pulling up and I immediately knew who it was and I guess Ryan did to because we were racing each other to the door, but I got there first and when I opened it I saw D- "ADAM FISHER"
Me and Ryan both shouted at the same time, "sorry hi we didn't know you were coming" I was so confused and by the looks of it so was Ryan. "DAD!" Jeremiah ran up and hugged him. "Dad?" We heard Conrad say from down the corridor ok that was mine and Ryan's cue to leave we walked back through the house and round back, "I don't get it." I said. "Dad's never late" Ryan had said exactly what I was thinking. We both just forgot about it and I introduced Ryan to Ivan and Ivy. "RYAN?" Ivy was shocked and so was Ryan. "Um, Mel, this is the girl that I took home after the party."
"WAIT WHAT! Oh wait I already knew."
"Wait what?" They both said.
"You both told me the exact same thing about the party, I'm happy for you, both of you."
"So am I" Ivan chimed in. Ivy and Ryan walked away and started to talk, so I just stood there talking with Ivan, until I saw Jeremiah come out, see us and go straight back inside. Turns out Ivan noticed it too, "Chill, I'll talk to him later" He comforted me.

~Later~

I was sitting on the beach with all the other teens that came to the party, "May I present, the Belly Special"
"Here, we saved you the unicorn." Nicole said. "Why thank you!" Belly responded.
"Hey, Hey guys check out who I found" Jeremiah ran into the beach and brought Cam Cameron with him"
"Caammmmm" Belly shouted. Ok maybe she had a bit too many pomegranate margaritas. Everyone said hi and Jere ran round saying hey to everyone, except Me and Ivan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~