~Chapter 19 - summertime sadness~

I kept on talking to Ivy but I did catch a glimpse of Jeremiah taking Susanna's phone off the table, he was gonna find out. I know he was. He stepped out side of the room and my eyes were stuck on him, I told Ivy that I had to go to the restroom but I didn't, I just followed where he went and I saw him sitting outside staring down at Susanna's phone, crying, I went over and hugged him tight as he cried into my shoulder, "Shhh, your okay, I've got you" I said, patting his back while continuing to hug him, I could feel his grip getting tighter and his sobs got louder, I hold on for much longer, the person that I loved was breaking down in my arms and I this time I couldn't be the comforter, so I just cried with him, hugging him tighter, the night was filled with our sobs until he stopped and looked up at me, "You knew? Didn't you?" He said, I felt like I just got stabbed in the heart, he stood up and looked down at me, he stormed off inside, I had never seen him that angry and it scared the life out of me, I followed him, back into the hall, I saw Belly dancing with Conrad and something about it made me happy.

Once I had followed Jeremiah back to the table, he just said that he ate something bad and I said that I was checking on him.  When the dance was over, Susanna offered to get him a ginger ale and walked off to the bar when I saw him begin to walk to Conrad, I grabbed his wrist but he shook it off. "Hey, Conrad we need to talk, it's important it's about mom." Shit. "I found something out."
"Y- ye- we'll talk about this later ok?"
"No, it's important."
"It's okay." Conrad said and in that moment it all clicked for Jere, "you already know don't you?" He had fire in his eyes as he looked at his brother, "You've known this whole fucking time and you didn't tell me!?" He was angry and I mean seriously angry. "Jere-" Conrad began but he was interrupted by Jeremiah punching him in the face. I was shook. Jeremiah tackled him onto the floor, "STOP JEREMIAH STOP!" I shouted but they kept fighting, Belly was standing there in shock, I turned to her and Susanna came racing over, "Stop it! Both of you, Stop it!" She said firmly. They backed away from each other, "What is going on?" She asked the boys, that were now standing up. "Mom," Jere started, but he couldn't finish the sentence so Conrad did for him, "We know, mom." There was a pause, "me too, I also know." I stepped forward and said. "Know what? Mom?" Belly asked then Ryan and Steven came over as well.

~Later~

I was in the guest bedroom, crying my eyes out with Ryan, Dad and Harry, Dad was in the middle, me and Ryan on either side and Harry was in my lap. We all cried together, about everything, and to be honest it was really nice to just all be together, even if we were missing a part to the puzzle, the puzzle had reformed and going a new way to connect, a way to connect through the main piece of the puzzle, mom. "She's not gonna get better is she?" Ryan asked. "No, no she's not kid." Dad responded. "Is that why you let us come back?" I wondered. It was silent for a few seconds, "Yes honey."
And we all just kept on crying and all I could do was hug my family, I lifted Harry so that he could be in the middle on top of Dad and we all layed together for a little bit.

~A Little Bit Later~

Dad had to drive back that night, apparently Aunt Lucy was getting better and he had to go see her, but me and Ryan convinced him to let Harry stay, once we had said goodbye, we went to the table for dinner, we were sitting around the same table as we used to, nothing had changed, nothing at all, it was just like when we were younger, Steven,Jeremiah and Ryan picking on Belly and me with Conrad laughing along and the moms laughing at all of us. This time though, I wasn't sad that my mom wasn't there, because she was, she was thinking of us and the dinners we used to have here, she was here. All summer I had thought about who I loved but it's clear I love everyone that comes to this house every summer, they are my family.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's a bit short I know but there shall be one final chapter, finalizing Jelissa once and for all.