~Chapter 4 - told you so~

"Uh I'm uh here to Belly up for a d-date" a DATE Belly never told me about this what the hell. I turned around,"BELLY CAM CAMERONS HERE FOR YOUR DATEEEE"
All of a sudden, everyone was running up to the door,"DATE?" Steven and Ryan said at the same time. "Heyy Cam Cameron!" Jere came in and said. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Conrad giving Cam the coldest stare ever then he glanced over at Belly coming down the stairs and walked off back to his game I assumed, Jeremiah and Steven walked off soon after but Ryan stared at Belly in awe for a second. oh my god. "BELLY, you never told me you had a date" I said, offended.
"Oh yeah we are going to the drive in!"
"Ok have fun and don't do anything weird!" I shouted as she walked out with Cam. I gave him a playful death glare and closed the door behind them.

~later~

We were now at laurels book party and I was just watching laurel sign a bunch of books when I heard the boys chatting about where to go and then I heard Steven say, "We could go to the drive in"
"Dude gross I don't wanna see Belly hooking up with some kid in the back of a mini van" Jeremiah gagged.
"Yo actually... let's go to the drive-in" Conrad   agreed. Three years ago Conrad wouldn't dare to do something like that.
"Hey you guys are NOT ruining Belly's date." I said. "Seriously Mel we're only having a bit of fun" Ryan butted in. "Mhm you will regret saying that when Belly doesn't like you back Ryan" I warned aggressively. "Yeah I saw the way you looked at her when she walked down the stairs" Conrad laughed. "Hey don't laugh you looked at her that way too Connie." They all immediately shut up. "Honestly the only one of you guys that is actually mature and respectful is Jeremiah"
"Hey your only saying that cause you have a crush on him Mel" I stared at Ryan, I couldn't believe what he just said. "Yeah I see the way YOU look at HIM" his voice was raising and he was clearly pissed. They all got up and walked out to the car."You know what go and ruin her date, I hope you have fun!" I shouted as they left gazing at Jeremiah who left really quickly, maybe he didn't like me back. Shortly after, I let Susanna know that I was heading home cause Laurel was still busy. I walked all the way back to the house alone, I'm glad I didn't have to tell laurel because she would have said that I couldn't walk alone.

When I got back I realised that I didn't have the key and to be honest I didnt wanna walk all the way back to the book shop so I sat down on the steps leading to the door while a tear slowly rolled down my face. and I rested my head on my knees.
"Melissa?" I looked up to see Ivy glancing across the drive, she hurried over,"omg are you ok?" She asked in a warm voice."no not really" and then I spilt my guts out to her I told her everything, about the guys, about the bonfire, even about my mom and it was so nice just to get it all out. "Oh my fuck girl" she gave me a hug and comforted me," I don't know I thought this summer was gonna be awesome but.." I stated quietly. "Hey, hey, look, summers not all about roses and sex you know." We both laugh and saw car lights pulling in the drive,"shit they're back" I wiped my eyes and stood up,"Ivy, thank you so so so so much"
"Hey, don't sweat it but I need to be getting home, here's my number so we can talk, see you round Melissa!"
"See ya Ivy!" While we were saying goodbye, the boys had gotten out of the car, all looking down. None of us spoke Conrad just opened the door and walked in leaving the door open to let all of us in, once I got in I shut the door behind me and headed upstairs, layed on my bed, and smiled, then laughed, this night was bad but wheres the fun in being upset about it. The boys had made themselves upset by going to the drive-in I tried to stop them but they went anyway and to be honest they deserved whatever Belly said to them.

When I next heard the door open I went downstairs and checked to see if it was belly and when she saw me she gave me a massive hug and cried into my shoulder. I hugged back and held her head while stroking her hair. "It's ok Belly, you're okay"
I was quite good at comforting people, sometimes when my mum cried I held her exactly like I was holding Belly. "Why would they do that" she sobbed. "I know Belly, I know." While I was hugging her I looked up, Ryan was standing at the top of the stairs looking guilty and sorry for Belly but he knew he made her feel like that, that's what hurt him, he ran off to his room I assume. I kept hugging Belly until she finished crying and I took her up to her room,"Goodnight Mel Bel" I said.
"Goodnight Bel Mel" she responded, I walked out of the room turning off the lights as I went. "Is she ok?" I heard a whisper. "What do you think Conrad" I told him and walked off towards Ryan's room. "Ryan, you shouldn't have done that"
"Don't you think I don't already know that Melissa"
"But.. you're my brother and I know your upset so I have to check if your alright."
"Mel I'm fine honestly"
"Listen Ryan, she'll get over it later tomorrow, she can't hold a grudge against all of you for to long Ry"
"Thanks Mel."
"No problem Ry"
"Goodnight" we both said as I wondered out and towards my own room. Belly was like my sister and Ryan was my brother so out of anyone in this house they come first, always. As I was drifting to sleep I heard two people downstairs so I just assumed it was Laurel and Susanna but I hadn't heard the door,"Im too tired for this" I muttered as I drifted off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Eak chapter 4 finished. I actually really like this chapter for no reason love ya xoxoxoxoxox.