~Chapter 16 - greetings~

The next day, everyone was in a bad mood. It was the day before the debutante ball and I was in an argument with my escort. I didn't even want him to be escort, well that's what I told myself but deep down, I want him. "Hey Mel!" Ryan called me, "Dad just called, he's coming here today with Harry so that they can see us at the Debutante."
"Oh co- wait us?"
"Yeah Ivy needed and escort and y'know I'm her boyfriend." He grinned like an idiot when he said that. He really loved Ivy and they were Perfect for each other. I was happy for them. But I was even happier that Dad was coming with Harry, god Harry was the best little kid ever! He was technically my little brother since after Aunt Lucy found out she couldn't get pregnant, my mom offered to get pregnant and let Aunt Lucy adopt Harry making him related to me and Ryan. I smiled and went to get on some nice clothes, like jeans, instead of full sweats. As I was getting changed I heard a knock on my door, "one second!" I shouted to the mystery person, when I was ready, I went to open the door to see Jeremiah. I was about to shut the door when he barged passed me and into my room. "What do you want?" I asked, acting annoyed but really I was a mess inside. "Just wanted to speak to you."
"Go ahead but don't say, 'i was drunk' or 'it was a mistake" I said. "Jesus, your so hard to talk to now, you've changed" He said walking out of the room, but I stopped him, "Take Belly to the Ball, she will be so happy." My stomach turned as I said those words and saw his face. He looked broken but also, happy? We sat in an awkward silence before he left. Then Ryan came in, "Woah what's that about?"
"Oh um- nothing" I replied and he obviously wasn't buying it as he came and sat down with me. "I know when something's wrong, we were in the womb together for godsake."
"Fine, Jeremiah was supposed to be my escort but I found out that he and Belly kissed and Belly has a crush on him and last time Belly had a crush on my Crush I buried them so far down that I basically forgot who Co- he was" I took a deep breath since I said it all really fast. "Were you about to say Conrad?" He asked me. Shit he noticed, "Yeah I guess."
"Oh my god."
"I know." I answered looking down, "but i love Jeremiah, and I can't lose him not like I lost Conrad." He hugged me tight and I hugged him back, "Things were so much better with mom here" He whispered into my ear, "I miss her Mel"
"I miss her too Ry, I really do." We quietly sighed to each other and got ready for Dad and Harry's arrival.

~A Little Later~

When I heard a knock on the door I raced downstairs and flung the door open, grabbing Harry and lifting him up, spinning him round, "Hey Melon!" He shouted at me as we laughed together and I handed him to Ryan so they could hug, "My kids, how are ya?" Dad asked. "I'm great dad." I said giving him a bear hug. It was great, partly. Susanna and Laurel came to greet my dad and Harry ran straight upstairs trying to find the others. I ran after and followed, he made a right and ran into Jeremiah's room, me close behind. "Jere! Jere!" He said jumping on him, maybe he had been here more than once or twice. "Heyy dude" Jeremiah answer tackling him in a hug. Jere peeked over at me but I just looked down, "Where's Connie!?!" He squealed. "I think he's in his room c'mon!" I said enthusiastically and leaving with Harry, looking back at Jeremiah before I stepped out. "Connie, Connie where youuuu?" Harry sang as he skipped through the house. "I think he's that way," Steven answered, "STEVIE!" Harry ran over and Steven lifted him in the air, and putting him back in the floor while Harry ran in the direction Steven said Conrad was in. Harry caused Conrad's bedroom door to fly open and make a bang as it hit the wall. Conrad slowly stirred awake and then, Harry climbed up in his bed and start to jump up and down and finally jumping straight onto him, causing Conrad to wake up fully and wince in pain and then we all howled with laughter, "What's so funny? HARRY!" Belly came in and said, running to the 7 year old and giving him a massive hug.

For the rest of the day, I hung out with Harry and took him to the beach and stuff while my dad caught up with the moms.
It was AMAZING.
I still didn't have an escort though and the ball was tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bit short. It's fine. I like short sentences.