~Chapter 18 - the ball ~

Melissa POV:

I wondered into the green room, hoping to see Ivy and I did so I sat in the spot next to her, "Hey girl!!" She greeted me, "Hey." I responded, "What's u-" Ivy was soon interrupted, "hi, is anyone sitting here?"
Belly looked down at me and said, "hm no I don't think so" Ivy replied, she sensed the tension, "Look, can we talk?"
"No right now Belly, you won him not me, I'm happy for you." I turned back and she turned to Nicole, giving up on talking to me.  "What the hell happened!?" Ivy whisper-shouted so as she did my hair, I told her about all of it, again.

When she was done, I looked in the mirror and squealed as I got up to hug her, it was the prettiest hair style I had since my 12th birthday when my mom did it all up nicely

(This is just an idea of the hair! Feel free to change it)

Then, I did my make-up and talked to Ivy about her and Ryan and loads of other stuff, then I put my dress on and looks in the mirror. I felt and looked like a million dollars,

 I felt and looked like a million dollars,

(Again, just an idea)

When I showed Ivy, she freaked out and hugged me, "You look amazing!" While Ivy got her dress on, I sat back down and thought to myself for a second, 'This is probably the last summer all together, I see why dad let us come back here now, to spend the final summer with everyone in cousins, well except mom. 

Ivy came out with her dress on (just imagine her dress) it was gorgeous I ran over in my heels and hugged her, tight, she was like my older sister and I think that's all I needed while mom was still in the coma. Soon after that happened, we heard the announcement for us to get ready and grab our bouquets so, when I was ready, I stood up and wondered over to the table of roses and picked up one of the bouquets, I walked up the stairs and saw Ivy and Belly behind me, "Don't worry Belly, you look amazing." I said to comfort her.

"Melissa Darby is a hard-working student at Illinois State School and a player for the schools Volleyball Team. She raised $3,872 for Headway, a charity that provides any help they can with brain injuries." I stepped out from behind the curtain and saw Conrad and we walked to eachother and linked arms, walking down the stage, through the arch and onto the dance floor, I  walked over to mine and Conrad's little part of the floor and I walked over to Dad and Harry, gave Dad a hug and gave Harry the bouquet, then I gave everyone and smile, walked back to Conrad and curtsied towards them, then we turned around to see Ivy and Ryan walking down the staircase. They looked so happy together it made my heart melt. It took Ryan this long to find his happiness again after what happened to mom, Ivy was his happiness. Then, I saw Belly and Jeremiah walk to eachother and link arms as they walked down, Jeremiah just stared at me, me. Belly looked up at him and noticed him staring at me. Then, I saw her gaze turn to Conrad, and it clicked for both of us, for all of us, we were with the wrong brother. Then, we all watched Steven come out with Shayla and walk down the stage, honestly they were a match made in heaven.

Just then, Laurel excused her self and left the room, she sounded really upset. Steven and Belly's dad got up and followed her out of the room, ,"It is my honour to introduce this year's cousins beach country club debutantes." Paige said and everyone cheered. I curtsied again and went to sit down at the table with Dad, Susanna, Cleveland and Harry, when I sat down Harry hurried out my lap and he whispered to me, "You look very pretty Melon." I could have cried there and then but I already saw dad crying so Me, Ryan and Harry went over to give him a massive hug and he looked at me, "You look just like your mother on our wedding day." He said, I started to tear up but soon stopped when I realised my mascara would run but obviously Ivy noticed, "It's waterproof girl"
I nodded a thanks and hugged Dad again, this is my family, though it wasn't complete, it was still my family and I loved them all. Ryan introduced Ivy to Dad and he was so proud of Ryan. When I looked up again I noticed that the escort dance was starting, so I let Ryan know and he ran over as I took my seat next to Ivy with Harry perched on my lap. The dance was starting and the music had started, they all walked down the stairs, Laurel had came back in and the dance officially started when they all started clicked towards eachother, my eyes were glued to the performance well, most of the time Jeremiah but I was looking at the others too, "Yeahhh!" I shouted. We were all laughing and clapping along. The dance ended and Jeremiah was laying on the floor and he winked in my direction, I could tell that I was blushing hard so I looked down to cover my face. Ivy nudged me and we laughed. Than, Jeremiah looked over to his mom, he knew something was up, I could tell, he had to find out, now or never.