~Chapter 5 - happy birthday~

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY BELS" I screamed as I jumped onto Belly. "HERE" I said as I handed her a well wrapped present. She sat up in her bed and teared open the paper to reveal a short dress with flowers of every colour on,"oh my GOD, I LOVE IT MEL THANK YOU!" She did a small bounce on her bed then hugged me,"THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! but get out I need to get ready!"
"Ok, ok jeez" I hopped out with a smile on my face and ran downstairs,"t - 10 minutes people, 10 MINUTES" I told everyone.
Jeremiah was cooking the pancakes, Steven was getting the balloons ready with Susanna, Laurel was setting the table and Conrad was just sitting there eating cereal, "Conrad stop looking so depressed it's Belly's birthday for godsake." He just rolled his eyes and kept on eating.

A couple minutes later Belly came downstairs,"Morning, everyone."
"Hey!" Susanna started, "There's the birthday girl, looking like a vision in floral. Happy birthday."
"Happy sweet 16, Bells." Jeremiah spoke.
"16!!!" I was shocked that she was 16 already!
"Now Belly Button's getting old, finally. Happy birthday." Steven said taking a bite out of some bacon.
"Yeah happy birthday Bels" Ryan stated, smiling
"Thanks, everyone." Belly looked so happy but when I saw her look at Conrad I knew something had happened, Conrad hadn't even bothered to say happy birthday.
"Happy birthday, sweetheart." Laurel said, "Your Mickey Mouse pancakes are ready." "Actually, I'm not really, uh, hungry." Ok something definitely happened and I was gonna find out.
"Oh. Shall we open gifts?" Susanna suggested.
"Oh, you're gonna love mine." Jere added.

We all sat in the living room getting our gifts ready to give to Belly. First, she teared open a book with a poem bookmarked, it was Susanna's favourite poem, the one she made us all memorise when we were younger, that was from Laurel. Susanna had got her a pearl necklace that she was gifted for her own sweet 16, then, Ryan gave her his present, it was a watermelon scented candle, after all, Belly's favourite food was watermelon, Jere gifted her a luck charm for good luck on her driving test. "Think fast Belly" Steven through her his present, it was a Princeton hoodie,"I just don't want you stealing mine next year when I get in." I don't think Laurel was expecting that, she seemed quite confused.
"Conrad do you want to give Belly your present?" Susanna asked.
"Sorry I forgot." he didn't forget, I saw it when Susanna was putting on Belly's pearl necklace. "Uh, that's cool I wasn't really expecting anything anyway so." She was hurt, I could tell.
"Oh, Belly, here" I passed her my present, it was a coupon to get her nails done before the debutante ball. "Thanks so much everyone"
"I've got to go help Cleveland with some knots." Conrad excused himself and left,"happy birthday Belly" is all he said.
"Why don't we take my car and practice driving before we have to pick up Taylor from the bus station" Jeremiah suggested to Belly.
"Sure" Belly replied.
"Hey can I tag along?" I wondered.
"Why, of course" Jeremiah agreed and we all left.

~Later~

"Look she's my best friend in the world but I'm you know how Taylor is"
"Yeah like a goddamn hurricane" I rolled my eyes at the thought of her, she was nice but I didn't like her that much and she obviously didn't like me."oh yeah, yeah Hurricane Taylor" We all laughed at Jere's comment.
"And I guess I always, feel like the supporting character around her ,which, normally I don't mind"
"But it's your birthday" I said
"And your the main character Belly" Jeremiah added and smiled back at me.
"Yeah, thanks guys" and straight after Belly said that the car swerved and we held on for dear life, "JESUS BELLY!" Jeremiah just breathed a sigh of relief, "oops" was all Belly said. "Bells were gonna need a part 2 to this driving lesson okay." Jeremiah mentioned. "And 3" I added. "And 4" we all laughed and soon we were at the bus stop waiting for Taylor.

When the bus pulled up Taylor stepped out with a MASSIVE bunch of balloons,"oh my god hi, happy birthday"
"Hey!"
"Oh my god Belly you tart,you finally took my advice your outfit is snatched"
"Thanks, actua-" Taylor interrupted belly, rude,"Isn't Belly looking like a snack?" She asked Jeremiah. What a slut, always flirting with Jere when Stevens not around and practically eye-fucking Steven when Jeres not around.
"Always" Jeremiah looked Belly up and down. I could help but feel a spring of jealousy. "Hey Taylor" I said in the nicest way possible while gifting her a fake smile.
"Hi Melissa" she greeted I read emotions very well she clearly didn't want me around. "Anyways Jeremy can you hold my bag for me?" She requested. Ew, she's acting so desperate god. "Yeah sure" he took the bag. "Actually it's Jeremiah" I corrected.
"I like Jeremy better" a smirk grew on her face and she looked him up and down oh god not the eye-fucking again ugh. "Should we uh head home" Jeremiah broke the silence that was between all of us.
"Actually I wanna take a stop first." Taylor said while looking at Belly and they both laughed.

We were all sat down around a table outside the café, and Taylor and Belly were eating there Banana float together while me and Jere just kinda sat there. "Mm I live for these things" Taylor mentioned, "mm okay, here's your present" Belly opened up to reveal a magenta coloured bikini. "I think it will look so hot on you" I agreed but Jere just said,"there's is no way Belly would wear that"
"Actually I really like it thank you Taylor."
"Your welcome" she said tilting her head. Then Taylor asked where the party was and blah blah.
"Oh and Cams coming"
"Yay I'm so excited to meet the guy who finally got you to take your eyes off of you know who." She was on about Conrad and I think Jeremiah did too he made a scrunched up face and then he started talking,"I have an idea, we could go to Nicole's party" I suggested.
"Great, who's Nicole?" Questioned Taylor.
"Oh she's my big sis for the debutante and she's really co-" Belly replied.
"Ugh I am like melting, can we go back to the house I wanna change into my bikini and jump in the pool" rude bitch. Interrupting again. I mentally and physically rolled my eyes. She was staring straight at Jeremiah. "Sure" he said. "I call shotgun!" I yelled before anyone else could. "Damn it" Taylor whispered from behind.
We got in the car while Belly was throwing away the leftover float."Hurry up Belly!" Taylor shouted. "Coming, coming!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I don't like Taylor. Idk why she pisses me off attention seeking bitch. Don't judge me for my opinions pls love yas xoxooxoxoxo