~Chapter 14 - happy~

I woke up feeling refreshed, I got ready and I went outside to see Susanna sitting with her coffee so I sat down with her, "Morning sweetheart" she greeted me with her warm smile. "Hey, Suz" I said. "I'm glad you came this summer, everyone really missed you and Ryan." That made me really happy. "Especially Jeremiah, he would run to the door every time there was a car horn or the doorbell rang." Oh really, interested, we both laughed. All of a sudden we heard a "good morning" from Conrad who had just been out surfing and we greeted him. "Do you have a second?" Susanna called out to him as I got up and went inside, it was probably private. "You know what, it is the perfect day for a walk" I said to myself as I got some shoes on and went outside, a walk to the dock sounded amazing, it takes a while to walk down there, but it was worth it.

When I got down there I heard Conrad's voice, "-infected I mean it's everywhere and I didn't notice!" I looked over at the boat in which they were on, he was raising he voice and he looked really stressed, "Woah, Woah, what is going on man?" Cleveland asked him. "My heart's beating really fast and um" As soon as I figured out what was going on, I ran over and jumped on the boat. "Conrad, listen your having another panic attack." I warned. As Cleveland sat him down. "Remember what I told you when you first got one?"
He shook his head, no. "Look at me Con, you ready? Breath in, 1 2 3 4, hold it 1 2 3 4 5 6 and breath out, 1 2 3 4. Alright do that again." I kept repeating it until his breathing calmed. "Conrad, what's going on?" Cleveland asked. We all got off the boat and sat on the edge of the dock. "It's my mom sh-" he looked over at me and stopped. "Conrad, I know."
"Wait what? H- how?"
"Just tell Cleveland."
"S- she has cancer." A tear came to his eye and out my arm around his shoulder. "Oh, I'm sorry bud." Cleveland put his hand on Conrad's shoulder. "Anyway, Melissa, how did you learn how to deal with panic attacks?" Conrad asked me.
"Well, when mom first fell into her coma, Ryan had loads of panic attacks, I'm talking one every week. So, I had to figure out how to deal with them and I did a lot of research on it."
"Hm" Conrad said. I soon said goodbye and left, Conrad needed to talk to someone on his own for once.

'Team Melissa' was the phrase plastered on the back of my shirt which I was pulling on when my door flew open, "Jesus Jere! Your lucky I wasn't in the middle of changing!"
"Lucky?" He smirked.
"Ew, that's disgusting. Anyway, why did you barge in my room?"
"Oh yeah, uh I wanted to wish you luck in the tournament."
"Aww thanks Jere"
"No problem, I'll be routing for you" he said while running out and shouting to Susanna that he was ready to go help set up. Me and Belly have always been a team but this summer, Belly has decided to go with Taylor so I took matters into my own hands and found the next best person, that wasn't Jeremiah. I swung open the front door and Ivy came in. "You ditched me for my sister?" Ryan said acting offended and he came over and kissed her. "Oooo so are you two like" I pointed back and fourth between them. "Well, yeah, I hope that's ok with you?" Ivy asked, so sweet. "Um, hell yeah it's okay with me!" She gave me a hug, then gave her the 'Team Melissa' shirt and we went to my room, "So what's the stuff on you and Jere then?"  I told her about everything that was going on, and when I took her about the Ferris wheel and the kiss she literally screamed and then proceeded to shout, "OMG THATS SO ROMANTIC!"
"Shh, shut it. Someone might hear you bitch" I said while hitting her with my pillow. Ivy then finished plaiting her hair and she ready to go. "Just to be clear we are donating to cancer research if we win?" She asked, "Definitely."

"Remember to put any donations in this big pot right here! It could go towards, many different charities that will help people find who they are." Susanna said, indicating the beginning of the tournament,

(This is the way the layout was, I know it was different in the actually show but deal with it xx)

Me and Ivy killed the first couple rounds, there was a hard team but we passed them easy. Now we were doing the match for the final and we were putting in so much effort, maybe too much effort because Ivy went crashing to the floor in the middle of the match and I turned all my attention to her, Ryan came running on the pitch to see if she was ok, "I'm fine guys it's just my um my head, yeah it really hurts." Ryan got her off the pitch and she winked back at me, she took off her shirt and passed it to Jeremiah who came running towards me, ready to play and we won it easy. Then, it was the final, against Belly and Conrad since Taylor had switched out for him after she 'hurt her ankle'.
We were doing great, but so we're they and to be honest it was a really close game, it just came down to the last 20 seconds, I looked at Jeremiah and he nodded. We were ready, we slammed down as many balls as we can no matter how many points we got, they still got more and they ended up beating us by like one point. They celebrated, and I could just see the connection between the two and I smiled, she was happy with him and I was happy with Jeremiah. We gave eachother a hug and Susanna announced the Charity and the amount of money which was raised, $5,693! Shit, that's a lot!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Money. Is. Annoying. Xxx