Chapter 7 (Flashback)

An assassin. An assassin with red and white robes, brown hair, a bow and arrow....

The  assassin shot down from the sky like a bolt of lightning, shooting his bow. Joey could've sworn he'd seen this before. Then the scene changed.

Joey now saw a short girl with mushroom patterns all over her outfit. Behind her were little hobbit holes with mushroom walls. Almost like Fwhip's.

Pirate Joe sat up with a jolt to find himself in his bed. (A/N- he built a new ship) Pete stood at the crafting table with a bowl and two mushrooms.

"You're finally awake?" Pete sighed, turning his head to face Joey. "I was just making you some stew."

"What happened?! How did I get here?!" Joey interrogated, trying to stand but failing miserably.

"Sit down." Pete demanded. "Drink this, and I'll finish explaining what happened." Pete handed Joey a bowl of cold mushroom stew.

"Why is it cold?" Joey asked.

"Because, that's how you make mushroom stew." Pete said. "Back to the story. Wait, where was I? Uhhhh.... Oh yes! The man opened the book to find-"

"Start from the beginning." Joey ordered.

"Fine." Pete sighed, " Long ago, people made an item called an enchanting table. When trying to discover what it did, they put a book inside it. Symbols appeared in the book, and when put with items, the items seemed to grow stronger. Someone then decided to read the inside, and in doing so, he was able to revive his dog. As news spread,  others tried it tried to do this, as you did, and many fainted. Some people who feinted, didn't survive. The people who feinted had selfish reasons to open the books."

"But my reason wasn't selfish!" Joey argued. "Is wanting to survive selfish?"

"Wanting to survive after killing another may be seen as selfish," Pete explained. "Or maybe you were supposed to see something. Tell me, what did you see?"

"I-I..." Joey muttered. 

Just then, a piercing headache hit Joey. Everything Joey had seen as he was unconscious came rushing back to him. 

The assassin. 

The gnome. 

The assassin.

 The gnome. 

Over and over again.