Chapter 9(Oriri a Morte)

"Why am I here?" Shelby asked.

"I need you to open this book and read what's inside it when Sausage and Joel come" Joey said, waiting on the two at spawn.

Thunder crackled. They were here.

Sausage came flying in and landed on the other side of the campfire. Thunder boomed again, and Joel was where it had hit, behind sausage. He drank a weird potion and shrunk down to a 5"  man in a hoodie.

"Why are we here, Joey." Sausage glared. "And why is Shelby here? She had nothing to do with this."

"Can i see the fabric from Hermes clothes?" Joey asked, trying to sound sympathetic so that he wouldn't get killed.

"Why would we trust you with that?!" Joel boomed. It seemed he still had his powers as this short weird 5" guy.

"Please, we can help." Shubble pressed, not entirely sure what was going on. She clutched the book and her wand tightly, flinching at every sound and sweating like a dog.

Sausages face changed into a bit of a softer expression. "I'll give it to Shelby, but not to Joey. Deal?"

"Wait, I never agreed to this-" Joel argued. His voice turned high pitch and squeaky instead of loud and menacing. Strange.

Before Joel could do anything, sausage gave the fabric to Shelby.

"What do I do?" Shelby whispered to Joey.

"Open the book while holding the fabric, and put the fabric in the circle on the first page. Recite the incantation under it." Joey whispered back. Pirate Pete had told him this over and over until he memorized it.

"Okay.." Shelby faltered. She fumbled with the book and dropped it. "Hehe.. sorry.."

She picked up the book and put the fabric down. 

"oriri a morte" Shubble chanted, getting louder with each word. "oriri a morte"

Her eyes turned blue. 

"oriri a morte"

The book was glowing.

"oriri a morte"

The fabric flew out of the book. 

"oriri a morte"

A figure appeared where the fabric fell.

"ORIRI A MORTE"

A blinding blue light bursted from the figure.