Splendid x Reader

(My first time writing Splendid, hopefully he's not out of character or anything. Next on my list is a Splendont oneshot and a Giggles oneshot.)

(Art by unknown)

⚠️Warning⚠️
Swearing

Y/n POV

I walked down the street past the bank, where I see Lifty and Shifty coming out of the bank. "Oi, Lifty, Shifty, give that back." I call out, as they began to run in my direction, "We don't have time for this sis. Come on." Lifty grabbed my arm and dragged me away from the bank. "We gotta hide you know. Splendid is gonna find you two." I stated, pointing to the sky. Where Splendid was already watching us. "You mean all of us?" Shifty explained slightly keeping his eyes forward. Before I trip causing me to lose grip of Lifty's hand. "Just keep going..." I mumbled pushing myself up, but they were already gone. 'Wow. What caring brothers I have...' I stood up and continue to walk in the direction we were running.

"Excuse me Miss?" Turning my head around I see Splendid. What? Did you think I was gonna say blue flying squirrel? Everyone knows who Splendid, he's the superhero who fly's around the city... But is also super clumsy. "Er... yeah?" I answered quietly, looking into his eyes. "Have you seen two raccoons run by?" He asked pointing in the direction where they had ran off. "My siblings?" I innocently query. Tilting my head slightly to the side. "Ahh, and also I'm Non-binary. I would rather not be called a woman or miss." I explained.

Splendid POV

'Did I really just insult someone by miss-gendering someone?' I stare into their eye's. Their (e/c) eyes, they sparkled when the light hit them. "Sorry-" "It's fine! Not like you would know, we haven't really met in person." They smiled, "Oh, and if your looking for Lifty and Shifty." She pointed over to the left, "I saw them go that way." I hear them sigh quietly, "Well thank you..." "Y/n." "Thank you Y/n! Maybe we could hang out by the forest later today?" What am I doing? Am I asking them out? I only just met them, and didn't they say that Lifty and Shifty were their siblings?

"Okay! I'll see you later than!" They ran off in the opposite direction, 'okay... I didn't even ask when we were gonna meet up.' I sigh in my head. I flew of and followed the sidewalk, where I eventually caught up to Lifty and Shifty.

Y/n POV

'The forest ay...' Was Splendid actually gonna hang out with me? A nobody? Or rather, someone related to Lifty and Shifty? Aren't they enemies or something? 'Agh, stop thinking about that Y/n and just by some groceries!' Grabbing a few things from the shelf, "My brothers would like something like that... and I probably need some new clothes..." I rambled out loud, thinking no one was nearby. 'Just focuse on getting food Y/n.' It's hard to concentrate when you fucking meet Splendid on the sidewalk on day! Like holy shit! It's a child's dream come true. And he wanted to meet up with ME!

Time skip- brought to by the dead twins.

Walking into the house, I carefully set down the bags that I was carrying around for half the day. 'Huh, odd? Usually their home?' Lifty and Shifty didn't seem to be hear, normally they would be arguing about something really stupid. Like really fucking stupid. "Lifty? Shifty? You guys here?" I yelled out, I only heard my echo. 'So I'm all alone...' "Hello there." I heard a mysterious voice behind me. I quickly turn around only to see Splendid. "Jeez... you scared the shit out of me." I mumbled, "come on. Were gonna go hang out right?" He questioned holding out his hand. "Yeah..." I slowly grab his hand, and when I do he pulls me close to him. "Hold on tight." Before we flew off to the woods. Apparently the reason why Lifty and Shifty weren't here was because they were still running, think that Splendid was still following them.

"Here we are!" Setting us down gently, I slowly loosen my grip on him until I'm no longer holding onto him. "Wow..." "Yup! Found this place when I was fighting with my brother." He proudly states. "You have a sibling too?" "Of course. He's not a hero though." "Finally someone I can relate to!" I hug him, "siblings can be so annoying. Especially when they don't let you be who you wanna be." I rambled staring out into the distance. Letting go if Splendid.

Splendid POV

We chatted for quite some time. The moon even began to rise. I'm gonna be honest, I kinda thought Y/n was also a bad guy, considering they are related to Lifty and Shifty. But their not. And surprisingly, they actually want to be a hero, their just dragged into their brothers mess. "I learned quite a lot about... Thanks Splendid." I tilt my slightly, "what do you mean?" "I've been able to get some stuff off my chest... I've finally been able to talk to someone without being told that doing that is wrong." They explained with a smile. A smile found it's way onto me, as I give a small laugh. "I should also thank you. I'm finally able to have some peace." I spoke with shame, looking away from them.

"How about... We meet back up here tomorrow?" I heard them ask, looking back to them they were holding their hand out. "Yeah. That would be nice." We walked through the forest before we went our separate ways. 'Can't wait for tomorrow! Bet I'm gonna learn something new about them.' Smiling to myself as I walk home.

"You're just full of mysteries, aren't you?"

Bonus:

As Lifty and Shifty stopped in an alley to take a short break. "I think we lost him..." Shifty mumbled, gasping for air. Lifty only nodded as he leaned on a trashcan.
They saw a shadow cast down on them. It looked like a squirrel, with a bandana? Thinking it was Splendid, "ACK!" Lifty screeched, the shadow grew bigger as the person walked closer. Shifty grabbed Lifty's hand and dragged him out of the alley.

The owner of the shadow, was none other than Splendont. He just came to take out his trash. 'What the hell did I just fucking hear?'

(So gonna do a Splendont x hero!Reader, and then a Giggles x Reader! I'll make a schedule with the next oneshots and maybe do a headcannon. Let me know if you want a part two! Luv you! 💖)

(Edited: no)

Word count: 1114