Splendont x hero!Reader

(Also my first time writing Splendont! Hopefully he isn't too out of character. Next after this is a Giggles oneshot.)
(Art by unknown)

⚠️Warning⚠️

Y/n POV

Usually I go out with my partner, Splendid. But this time I have to do this alone, I have to find Splendid's brother. Who had apparently gone missing for a few days ago and has yet to be found. His name was Splendont l, and from what Splendid told me, he is a red flying squirrel with a blue mask. Who isn't really a good... guy. "So I have to do this alone?" I asked, curious to why I have to do it. "You know him better. You're siblings." "Well we don't have the best relationship. Unlike you." He stated grumpily. Crossing his arms and looking at with that, are-you-gonna-do-this-or-not look.

"Fine fine! Just tell me where you last saw him." Looking at him directly, I waited for him to answer. "Last time I heard, he was seen deep in the forest." I shivered slightly. I hated the forest. A lot. It was always dark and spooky, and I swear! I hear random noises! But no one beloved me... except for Splendont. "Well... off I go! Cya." I waved walking off.

Time skip - brought to you by a Lazy author

As I treaded through the forest, I began to hear those... creepy noises. They sounded so close, but when I looked around there was nothing. And no sign of Splendont, that's when I saw a small wooden shack. It was covered in vines and leaves, the top of the house was overflowed with birds. "SPLENDONT! WHERE ARE YOU!?" I call out, in hopes of getting an answer... But I don't. 'What was I thinking? Of course he's not gonna hear me.' I mentally face palm, I opened the door just enough for me to tiptoe in. "I could stay hear tonight, since it's getting to dark to even see." I was worrying about Splendont. He's been gone for some days now. How man? 21 days, meaning three weeks. I was driving myself insane without him.

"Where are you..." I whispered before I landed on the couch and passed out.

Splendont POV

It's not fair how Splendid and Y/n get to be the hero's and I have to be the villain. Of course I was worried about Y/n, I've been purposely avoiding everyone. Which ended up making people think that I went missing... Which was not what I was hoping for. "SPLENDONT! WHERE ARE YOU?!" I hear someone yell. Was someone actually looking for me? It sounded like Y/n. I ran towards their voice, until I found a small cabin in the woods, the door was slightly open. 'Did they go in?' Pushing the door slightly, I notice that some of the lights were on. It was kinda dirty but their were some clean spots.

I caught a slight glimpse of a sleeping figure on the couch. I carefully tiptoe over to the couch, looking over, I notice a long cat tail (sorry, ya'll gonna be a cat in this one). I moved the blanket off, it was Y/n sleeping peacefully. Cuddled up into a tiny ball. 'Heh, of course they would.' Smiling slightly, I caress their cheek. They began to mumble something, couldn't hear it but their ears began to twitch and their (f/c) tail moved in a happy motion.

Y/n POV

I felt a cold hand caress my cheek. It felt so familiar yet... not. 'Is it Splendont? Did he hear me yell?' Carefully moving over to the other side, I open my eyes slightly to see red fur. "Splendont?" I spoke tiredly, his face turned my way to reveal Splendont. "Yup, that's me." Putting his hand back onto my cheek. "Where were you? Me and Splendid got super worried and-" 'It's fine... I'm here now so we can head hone tomorrow." I smiled tired at him as I grab ahold of his arm and hug it like it's a teddy bear. "See you, *yawn* in the...morning..." I quickly passed out once again, a lot faster than I did before.

Time skip - brought to you by a sleepy Splendont

Splendont POV

I woke up being held in someone's arms. I opened my eyes to see Y/n sleeping calmly, their face in my chest. My heart began to beat fast... Really, really fast. 'Should I wake them up or...' "I'm fine like this, your comfortable..." I heard them mumbled into my chest, I could feel the vibrations go through my body as they talked. "Besides, I don't wanna get up." It was barely audible.

"It's fine... let's stay like this for a while."

Bonus:

Splendid sat on the roof of his house with a giant smirk on his face. "Hehe. You owe me a hundred bucks Cuddles." Bringing his hand over to Cuddles, signaling him to hand over the money.

(Edited: no)

Word count: 838