A dream?

Chapter 20: A dream?

Beads of sweat forming on his forehead, Cale's eyes slowly opened as he groaned in pain. 

"Why is it so hot…" He weakly sat up on the ground, stiffening upon feeling the rough concrete floor. 

As far as he knows, Death's domain doesn't consist of a concrete floor.

Cale's vision cleared. His eyes scanned the area in front of him.

"Did they send me back while I was asleep?" He mumbled after seeing the familiar ruined buildings. Since when did he fall asleep anyways?

Crackle

A quiet sound reached his ears. He looked behind his back to see the source of light brightening the place.

Crackle

A sea of fire blazing up the skies, devouring everything that comes in contact.  

"Ah, that's why it's hot" Cale nonchalantly commented while staring at the raging fire.

Did death send him back to the mortal world?

"They should've woken me up before sending me back" He grumbled.

Placing his hand on his knee, using it as support as he stood up. Only then did he notice something strange. 

Okay, waking up near a sea of fire is indeed strange but waking up in his school uniform was even stranger.

Cale's brows furrowed. Who the heck changed his clothes? Not only that, why is his supposed to be clean uniform, all dirty and tattered? It looked like his hyung's uniform back then in the Hidden-scenario.

Clicking his tongue, he dusted his clothes.

[-ᵀᵒ ᴼ  ᴸᵃ ᵀ  ᵉ.. .]

Who?

Cale felt a slight headache upon hearing the voice.

Guoooogh!

A beam of fire shot up the sky along with the cry of a monster. Screams and cries of multiple people filled the hellish place.

Cale became perplexed as his body started to move on its own.

'...A dream?' It was the only conclusion he can come up with. An illusion is highly unlikely, considering he is supposedly inside Death's domain with two more gods taking care of him. 

He sighed as he let his legs take him wherever it was going. It's not like he can do anything if he can't even move a finger. It felt as if someone else was controlling his body.

His legs ran through the debris of the wrecked buildings, he could feel himself-well, his body gasping for air.

Cale frowned for the umpteenth time. Not being able to move as he wishes was one thing, but being able to feel everything completely is truly aggravating. Especially because his body had cuts and bruises all over.

'Why am I not healing?' Does he not have his Ancient powers in this dream? it's likely so, seeing as his body hadn't used wind to run faster or his shield to block the falling debris.

'How troublesome' he inwardly clicked his tongue.

[-ᴴᵒ ᵖ ᵉ   ⁿ ᵒ  ᵀ  ᵀᵒ ᴼ   ᴸ ᵃᵗ ᴱ.. .]

[-ᵖ ᴸ ᵉᴬ  ˢᴱ. ..]

The voice rang inside his head once again. This time, a stronger headache followed through. He can barely hear the voice yet it impacts a lot of pain.