ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 0 0 0 | Prologue

━»•» 🌺 «•«━━━━━

She could feel the cold wind pass her by, its deadly freezing touch slowly moving its way into her skin. This wasn't out of the ordinary for her, it seemed to happen a lot, but tonight was ever so slightly different from every other night. 

'What was different about tonight?'
You may ask, and to that, most would say. 'Nothing but the little girl's own mind,' but that was far from the twisted truth, and they knew it.

If this was a years ago,
She would be in her large bed snuggling up with her covers and staying up all night long talking her brother's ear off, whose name she had long forgotten. but who could blame her, she was only six when she couldn't find her way home.

The only thing she could remember was her twin brother and his short black hair along with his black eye which only ever showed love when she was around. 

They say twins have a special connection, they could read each over minds and always knew how each other felt, so why could she not? 

Was it because they were apart?
Or maybe it was just a fun lie to trick people, a twins-only inside joke of sorts. But that didn't matter right now as she couldn't even remember his name.

At first, she could but she ever so slowly began to lose her memories of her past she lost her identity, her family...

And even her very own name.
She wandered the world nameless, her only guide was her luck and perseverance. She sometimes wondered how she ended up here lost, alone and scared. Everything a child her age should not know, let alone embody like she does and will continue to.

But all of this was the norm to her, what was different was the distant smoke she could see poking above the trees and fauna in the night sky. Now this would be no real reason for concern if not for the screams and desperate cries accompanied by it.

If not for that she could just say it's a wildfire or maybe a campsite she could ask to rest at but this was a whole different situation. She didn't know what to do, the little girl feared if she were to try and help all they would do would bring more pain, suffering and death.

But she put that aside and made her way ever so slowly towards the screams of the unfortunate. She loomed over a bush and used Zetsu. No, this girl did not know Nen. But her subconscious did. 

The wide-eyed girl watched as murders people tutored men, women, and even children alike. 

They watched the eyes of their victims carefully and waited to strike as soon as the eye glowed a beautiful scarlet, they would end their miserable and painful lives, only to dehumanize them further by throwing them into a pile of dead.

Some were missing some libs while others were missing little things like figure nails. But one thing they all had were their deadly pain skin and shining scarlet eyes, wide open for the world to see. 

It was something so disgusting and unbelievable she could not believe it if not for witnessing it. She held her hand to her mouth, she could do nothing but watch as even children her age and younger were the first to go to only further fuel the pain in the parent's hearts to get the desired result.

She needed to do something, her abilities would be no use seeing as how fast these people moved, she had no chances and she doubted that they would just let her touch them. So her last option would be to try and save someone.