ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 0 1 3 | Last Phase

━»•» 🌺 «•«━━━━━

I held Pairo's hand as we entered the room where supposedly the last phase would be held, "Well, gentlemen and lady. Did you get plenty of rest? This hotel is owned by the Hunter Exam Selection Committee. The place is all yours until the battles have concluded. For the Final Phase, we will be holding a one-on-one tournament." He explains as something brought out.

He then rips of the cloth to show the top half of some sort of bracket. "So only the last person standing passes?" quested Leorio.

"No. One win is all you need to pass." he stated. 

"One win?" stuttered Gon.

"Then, in this tournament... " started Leorio.

"the winners are removed from competition, while the losers continue up the bracket. In other words, the person who finishes at the top will not pass. Does everyone understand now?"

"So you're saying that only one person will fail." asked Hanzo

 "Exactly."

"And here is the bracket!" exclaimed the old man.

[ #46 is (y/n) #47 is Pario ][#405 is Gon, #404 is Kurapika, #403 is Leorio, #301 is Illumi, #44 is Hisoka, #191 is Bodoro, #99 is Killua, #294 is Hanzo, #53 is Pokkle]

[#405 is Gon, #404 is Kurapika, #403 is Leorio, #301 is Illumi, #44 is Hisoka, #191 is Bodoro, #99 is Killua, #294 is Hanzo, #53 is Pokkle]

"Impressive, right? After all, everyone has at least two chances to win." The chairman stated proudly.

"But some people, like #294 and #405, get five chances." asked a boy with orange hair.

"Why didn't you use a balanced bracket?" 

"A question that must be on everyone's mind. This bracket was assembled based on your performances throughout the entire exam. Those who performed better received more chances." he explained.

"That doesn't sound right, can you explain how you scored our performances?" asked Killua, seemingly made at how he only got 3 chances, like Pairo and me.

"No!" yelled the chairmen

"Why not?!" yelled Killua in retaliation.

"Your scores are classified information so I can't tell you everything, but I can explain our methods!" Oh great...

"First, we consider three major criteria: physical strength, mental strength, and overall impression. For physical strength, we use an aggregate of agility, flexibility, endurance, and perception. For mental strength, we use an aggregate of resilience, adaptability, judgment, and creativity. However, this information is only used as a reference point. After all, you were strong enough to advance to the Final Phase. However, we are most concerned with your overall impression. This refers to any intangible factors not previously mentioned. You could consider this an evaluation of your potential as a Hunter. And we also incorporate the opinions of your peers... That was our process!!!"