2 - Enemy #1

You'll Be In My Heart - Phil Collins

I was currently standing in front of the Saint Paul Sharks number 1 hockey enemy, and there was nothing I could do about it

I was currently standing in front of the Saint Paul Sharks number 1 hockey enemy, and there was nothing I could do about it. Ethan, my fiancé, would definitely, be trying to act tough and cool if he was here.

Of course he was even hotter up close and personal, and don't get me started on how cute his daughter was. "Charlotte, what's your favorite ice cream flavor?" I ask, sterilizing the needle.

"Chocolate! And, it's Charlie." She says sassily.

"Well, technically your supposed to call me Dr. Cameron. But I think it'd be okay if you called me Brinley. It'll be our little secret." I say, squatting in front of her. "I hear you love Disney." I whisper and her face lights up.

"Yes!"

"I love Disney too!" I say. "What's your favorite movie?"

"Frozen!" She says, kicking her legs excitedly. "What's yours?"

"Hm, I don't know. Frozen is pretty good but, Monsters Inc. is definitely my favorite." I say.

"It's scary." She whispers.

"What? Mike Wasowski is adorable and hilarious, you can't beat that." I say, standing up.

I turn to look at Christian, nodding my head towards her as he stands up. He sits on the bed, pulling her onto his lap as he holds her hand. "Who is your favorite princess?" I ask, pushing her sleeve up to her shoulder.

"Ariel!"

"What? She's my favorite princess too. Can you keep a secret?" I ask and she nods her head.

"I've met Ariel and Prince Eric, and Ariel told me, that if you be a big girl, and don't cry, she's got a present for you." I whisper as her eyes light up as I wipe her arm with a sanitizer wipe.

"Really?"

"Yup!" I say, sticking the needle in her shoulder.  Her eyes widen but she doesn't cry. "See, all done, you did it!" I say, sticking a bandaid, with an owl on it, on her arm, where the needle previously was.

"I'm so proud you, Sis!" Christian says, smiling down at her.

"Do you want to go pick out a sucker?" I ask and she nods her head. I put my hands out, picking her up and setting her on my hip, "Come on."

"You can come." I say and Christian nods, standing up and following us.

"Simba!" She says, pointing to the little Simba that was attached to my retractable badge reel.

"Yeah!" I go behind the desk, pulling out a large bag of Dum-Dums. "Since you didn't cry at all, you can have two." I say and she grins, digging around in the bag.

"Thank you!" She says, unwrapping the wrapper on one. "Here Daddy." She says, handing Christian the other one. "Hold this. Don't eat it."

He chuckles, "Okay Sis."