26 - Tangled

Golden Hour - JVKE

We lay on the couch on my back screened porch

We lay on the couch on my back screened porch. A couple of thick blankets on top of us as the fire pit was turned on. Brinley was laying on top of me, watching the snow fall.

"I smell snow." She says, quoting the one and only: Lorelai Gilmore. I chuckle, running my fingers lightly up and down her spine.

It was the first snowfall of the season.

So, when I threw out the idea of sitting on the screen porch, Brinley was ecstatic. Of course she was skeptical at first, you know with it being cold and all. But then I told her I'd turn on the fireplace and that was all she needed to say 'yes'.

God, this girl has no idea what she does to me.

I mean, I've never had an orgasm like that, let alone multiple.

I sigh contently, running my fingers up and down her arms, looking out at the heavy snowfall. It was only about 11 o'clock.

Charlie was with my mom for the night. It couldn't have worked out more perfectly.

Brinley's hand tangles into my hair, running her fingers through it. She scoots up a little, burying her face in my neck. Her bare skin warming my own.

"Tell me about your childhood." She whispers.

One of my hands goes to stroke her back again, the other wraps around her waist. I continue to look out at the backyard as I think where to start.

"Uh.. I was born on March 9th, 1992." I say and she chuckles. "I grew up in a one story house right outside of the city. We had a dog named Baxter.. He died when I was 17." I say.

"I started playing hockey when I was 14. I had gotten a job working at a local grocery store to pay for my own gear."

"I didn't get my license until I was 17, because I was lazy." I say and she chuckles, her hot breath hitting my neck. "I got scouted my junior year of high school for a couple of different colleges. I for a full ride scholarship to play hockey here in Minnesota and then my senior year I went into the draft and made the second round pick." I say.

A smile appears on her lips, "That's awesome." She says.

"Tell me about yours." I say, looking over at her.

"Okay, I was born on April 9th, 1994. I grew up in a small town called Hillsborough."

"This is in North Carolina?"

"Yep!" She says, smiling proudly. "We had a small piece of land on my grandparents farm before my grandpa died and we got all of it. The house included. I was about 4 when that happened."

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay, I'm honestly glad that I didn't grow up knowing him and then had to lose him when I was super attached or something." She says and I nod.