8 - Girls Night In

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper

"What color?" I asked as I held up four different nail polish bottles

"Purple." Charlie says, pointing to the sparkly, lavender colored nail polish.

"Good choice." I say, repetitively hitting the bottle against the palm of my hand. 

"Let me see your hand." She puts her left hand forward as I grab ahold of it.

I was currently laying on my stomach, propped up on my elbows as Charlie mimicked me, in front of me. The couch was behind us as Tangled played in the background.

I started to paint her nails when the door clicked and Christian came waltzing through. His light brown hair was slightly damp, making it a bit darker, and his hockey bag was slung over his shoulder.

"Daddy!"

"Hey Sis." He says, smiling down at Charlie.

"Brinley's painting my nails. Look at them. Aren't they pwetty?" She holds out one of her tiny hands.

"Ooh. Sparkly!" He says, making me chuckle.

"I know." She says, grinning.

"Hold still." I say, tapping her hand and she giggles. "Do you want your toes painted purple?"

"No. I want them pink!"

"Solid choice." Christian says, walking into one of the bedrooms of the hotel suite. Well, more like an apartment suite.

"Sparkles?"

"Yes!", she exclaims, "Are you gonna match me?"

"I can." I say and she squeals.

"Yay!"

I was currently in a pair of black silk pajamas. The shirt was short sleeved and buttoned all the way down, while the shorts sinched at the waist.

Charlie claimed that we had to get me new pajamas because the black didn't go well with her mermaid ones.

In my defense, I hardly ever wear pajamas anyways. I like to stick to my Calvin Klein matching underwear sets to bed. I get too hot for any type of clothing, but I feel like sleeping naked is weird.

"Can we do face masks?" Charlie asks as I finish putting the clear coat on.

"Sure. We'll have to go get some." I say and she smiles.

"Are we going to Target?!" She yells, standing up.

"What about Target?" Christian asks as he walks back into the living room area.

"She wants to do face masks, but I don't have any here." I say and he nods.

"And you're going in your pajamas?" He asks, leaning against the wall.