31 - My Girlfriend the Cowgirl

"I don't miss waking up early everyday, that's for sure

"I don't miss waking up early everyday, that's for sure." Emery says, yawning.

I chuckle, looking out at the pasture full of cows. "I miss this though." I nod my head towards the huge field.

We slowly rode along the white fence, on our horses. Charlie held onto the horn of the saddle as our hips slightly rocked back and forth with each step my horse took. We left Christian back at the house, asleep.

"Bwinley?" Charlie grabs my attention, looking up at me.

"Yeah Cutie?"

"Can I wear your hat?" She asks, grinning up at me.

"Of course." I say, grabbing the top of the white, straw, cowboy hat. I set it on top of her head as it slightly falls down on her eyes before she pushes it up.

I smile down at her as she looks up at me, holding onto the rim of the hat with both hands.

"Smile!" Emery says and we both look over at her to see her taking pictures. I grin before she slides her phone back into her back pocket.

With it being seven in the morning, the weather was nice, at about fifty degrees. Perfect for a morning walk, bike ride, or horse ride.

I loosely hold onto the leather horse reins with one hand while my other is wrapped around Charlie. My feet were in the stirrups, spurs attached to my broken in, brown leather cowboy boots. A solid ranch boot at its finest. Plus, the steel toes were nice for kicking shins.

My phone starts vibrating in my back pocket as I reach back, pulling it out.

"Hello?"

"Will y'all run into town and grab some butter?" My mom's voice comes through the other end of the phone.

"Yeah, we'll head that way."

"Thanks Sweetie. Love you."

"Bye, love you."

"We have to run into town and get butter." I say, looking at Emery.

"Sounds good."