18 - Grilled Cheesus

"Hi Sis!" I say as I scoop Charlie up in my arms

"Hi Daddy!" She yells in my ear. This child is so loud, my word.

"A little quieter please." I say and she smiles.

"Sorry Daddy." She pushes my hair, that's on my forehead, back before leaning in to kiss me.

"One more." I say when she pulls away. She giggles before leaning in to kiss me again.

"Let's go make dinner." I say, walking into the all white kitchen. "What do you want?"

"Grilled cheese!" She says, a huge grin on her face.

"Okay." I say, setting her on top of the light grey, marble counter.

"That's cold!" She says, lifting her little legs up.

"You'll warm it up, give it a second." I say, turning on the stove.

"Daddy.."

"What?"

"I miss Brinley."

"I know baby. You'll get to see her soon. One more week, you got this." I say and she pouts.

"Can we FaceTime her?"

"I'll text her and see." I say. Just one problem. I don't have her number. Why don't I have her number?!

Then I remember: Instagram. I pull my phone out of my hoodie pocket. Opening Instagram, I search her name in my DMs.

Found her.

officialchristianbrooks: Hey Brinley, can I ask a favor?

After a couple of minutes go by, I check my messages to see she responded.

brincam94: who's the stalker now?

I chuckle.

officialchristianbrooks: ha ha, very funny. anyways. Charlie misses you and would like to FaceTime, if you're cool with that?

brincam94: obviously. (910)812-5490

I make a new contact for her before putting her name and number. I shoot her a text saying its me, I wait for a response, and then I call her. I hand the phone to Charlie as it rings before it connects and Charlie yells her name.

"Hi Cutie!"

"Daddy's making me grilled cheese!" She says, turning the phone to me.

"What? Where's mine?"

"You can come over!" Charlie says.

"I don't know about that. Maybe you should ask your daddy first." Brinley says, chuckling.

Charlie gives me huge puppy dog eyes and turns the camera to me, once again. "I don't care." I say, shrugging.

"I don't know. You probably just got home."