23 - Hungover at a Baby Shower

That Should Be Me - Justin Bieber

"Rough night?" Elsie asks as I walk through the door of their house

I grunt in response, shoving the present, that I so graciously got her, in her hands.

"The guys are in the game room." She says, nodding towards the basement door.

"Thanks." I mumble, walking past her.

"Emery! I didn't think you'd still be here." I hear Elsie says as I head down the stairs.

"Jesus, you look like shit too." Ryan says as I walk over towards the leather couch.

"Shut up fucker." I say, plopping down next to James.

"Party a little too hard last night?" Luke Richards asks, sitting down on the couch with a drink in his hand.

"Who the hell throws a baby shower in the morning anyways? Also, I didn't think that a baby shower was a guy thing to be honest." I say, lazily laying my arms on the back of the couch on either side of my head.

"First of all, it's 11:30. Second, Elsie wanted us here, and I wasn't arguing with that woman. I know better. And you should too." James says, pointing at me.

"You at least got any coffee?" I grumble.

"I think there's some upstairs. If not, you can make some." James says and I nod, pushing off of the couch.

I start to head up the stairs when James yells after me, "Bring me some, will ya?"

"We'll see." I yell back.

I really didn't feel like puking again.

"When are you leaving?" Elsie's voice echoes through the kitchen as I make my way towards the espresso machine.

"Our flight leaves at six, tonight." Nora answers.

Brinley laughing catches my attention as I turn to see her talking to Easton Maxwell, our goalie. He leans against the wall, looking down at her as she nods her head. "That sounds fun." I hear her say, placing her hand on his arm, making me want to immediately pull it off.

"I'll pick up you up at seven?" He asks.

He's taking her on a date?!

"Sounds good. Here, let me give you my number." She says, pulling out her phone.

"Looks like you waited too long." Ryan says, patting me on the back.

I internally punch him in the face. "Shut up." I grumble, turning around and walking over to the counter.

"Hey Christian!" Emery says and I give her a tight smile.

"Did you have fun last night?" Nora asks, looking over at me.