22 - My Best Friends' Wedding, Part II

"I know, it's crazy

"I know, it's crazy." Nora's aunt says, placing a hand on my arm.

"It really is." I didn't even know what we were talking about. She lost me after she started talking about her boob reduction.

"Mind if I steal her?" Nora asks, grabbing onto my arm.

"Oh, of course." Nora's aunt says, smiling at us and walking away.

We both turn around, giggling. "Thank you."

"Anytime. Aunt Carol is a little.. You know." She says and we both chuckle.

"I'm so glad you made the decision for different dresses for the reception." I say, looking down at the shorter black dress I was wearing.

Nora's colors were literally black tie. The bridesmaids dresses were black and the groomsmen's suits were black, with black dress shirts. Logan was the only one with a white dress shirt. It was the most Nora thing ever.

We decided to wear different dresses for the reception. Dancing in long dresses is just too hard. My dress was silk and tight, but not too short, stopping mid thigh.

Nora was now wearing a short, white, glittery dress with dramatic puffy sleeves. It was gorgeous, and very her.

"You haven't danced at all, what's wrong with you? You're a sucker for wedding receptions and school dances."

"We'll, they've only played like three songs for one. And you're aunt was talking to me for two of them, and I wasn't dancing to (Crank That) Soulja Boy." I say and she laughs, dragging me onto the dance floor just as Cotton Eyed Joe comes on. "See now this, I can do." I yell over the music and she grins.

Elsie comes walking over with James, her heels in his hand. "I love weddings!", she yells.

She starts doing some weird version with foot stomping. "What the hell are you doing?" I ask and she stops.

"The Cotton Eyed Joe?"

"That's not how you do it!" Emery yells, grabbing her hand, "Come on, I'll show you."

James purses his lips together before walking away, stifling a laugh.

A couple songs in and my side was killing me. "I need a drink."

"Get me one?" Nora asks as she grinds against Logan.

"You got it!" I yell, walking over to the bar. I unstrap my heels, pulling them off my feet.

"I'm leaving these here by you." I tell my dad as I walk back to the dance floor, four drinks in hand.

You Belong With Me by Taylor Swift comes on and Nora looks around before her eyes land on me. "Two?"

"Obviously. It's your wedding night, we're getting fucked up!" I say and she cheers, wrapping her arms around my neck.

We scream the lyrics as we sway to my music, laughing and almost falling over every couple of minutes.