21 - My Best Friends' Wedding

Ho Hey - The Lumineers

"Don't make me cry already

"Don't make me cry already." I say, batting under my eyes. "I'm already gonna sob during the ceremony."

"I've already cried four times. It's your turn." Nora says, chuckling through her own tears.

"You look so beautiful." I say, wrapping my arms around my best friend. The two of us start crying in each others' arms. "I'm so happy for you. You deserve the world Nora." I say, wiping my tears away.

"The world doesn't deserve me though." She says, causing the two of us to laugh.

"Damn right it doesn't." I say, pushing my curled hair behind my shoulders."Okay. I'll go get your dad." I say and she nods, squeezing my arm one last time before I walk out the door. Nora had decided to do a first look with her dad and Logan's dad. And then Logan's first look was going to be when she walks down the aisle.

I walk out into where people are coming in to see her dad, David, standing at the doorway, greeting people.

Just as I started walking up to him, Christian came walking out of the bathroom, nearly running into me. "Oh sorr- Oh, hey Brinley." He says, clearing his throat. He scratches the back of his neck, "You um, you look.. Good."

I swallow slowly, "Thanks." I say, looking away. "I um.. I have to get Nora's dad. I'll see you later." I say, walking away.

I couldn't look him the eye after what happened the other night. I was too embarrassed. I didn't do things like that.

"David." I say, placing my arm on his shoulder.

"Yes? Oh, hi Brinley. Look at you, you look beautiful sweetie." He says, leaning in to hug me and kiss me on the cheek.

"Thank you." I say, smiling at him. "She's ready." He nods. I lead him back to the room that Nora was in, opening the door I let him in and closed the door. Walking across the hall I go to the other room that the rest of the bridesmaids are in.

"Hey!" Riley says, leaning back in a cushioned seat.

"She just did her first look with William, now she's with her dad." I say and they nod.

"Guys, we only have like an hour left before she gets married." Emery says, a pout on her lips.

"I know, it's weird."

I should've been doing this next.

"Are you okay?" Emery asks, patting the empty spot on the couch beside her.

"Yeah. I think I am." I say and she gives me a skeptical look. "I mean, it sucks, because this should me in a couple of months, and it's not going to be anymore. But, I'm glad I'm not marrying Ethan anymore." I say and she nods, squeezing my hand.

"I'm so excited!" Emery says, a huge smile on her face.

"Me too!"

"Who's gonna cry first? Em or Brin?" Nora asks as she walks in, wiping tears from her eyes.