Rise of the Ultra-Meta Gang

One morning, Ruby was getting ready for school as she went downstairs to have breakfast. When she got to the kitchen, she saw Robert and Sharon already eating.

"Morning, cousin Ruby." Sharon said as Ruby sat down.

"Morning Sharon. Where's Virgil?" Ruby asked as she ate.

"He's still in his room getting ready." Sharon said with an annoyed tone.

"Hey, guys!" Virgil said as he opened the door.

"It's about time you got here." Sharon groaned.

"Hey, does it hurt that a guy like me needs a few minutes of sleep?" Virgil joked.

"Unless you wanna end up being late for school again." Sharon said.

"Kids." Robert said with a warned tone.

"Yes, dad." Virgil and Sharon said as Virgil sat and ate.

"Anyway, did you hear the news about Static and Magnetta defeating Hotstreak?" Ruby asked.

It's been a few days since Virgil and Ruby defeated Francis Stone aka Hotstreak. Even though they were proud of themselves for defeating Hotstreak, they were disappointed that their proof about Alva and the Mayor was destroyed.

"Yeah, they did a pretty good job out there." Sharon said.

"For now. Besides, there are probably more of these Bang Babies roaming around Dakota destroying everything." Robert explained.

Robert was still unsure about the Bang Babies. He still thinks Static and Magnetta are a threat.

"Uncle Robert, I'm pretty sure not all Bang Babies are bad. They're probably just confused or scared of their powers and not sure how to control them." Ruby explained.

"Maybe, but who knows if they're all like that metahuman Hotstreak." Robert argued.

"Well, if there are, we at least have Static and Magnetta to protect us." Sharon said.

"Yeah, they're both pretty awesome superheroes." Virgil said.

"And besides, if there are any Bang Babies that are good, they could probably help them stop any bad guys in Dakota." Ruby explained.

At Dakota Union High, Ruby, Allie, and Frieda were having lunch as they were talking about the battle against Hotstreak.

"Any news on Hotstreak, Frieda?" Ruby asked.

"Well, I've heard that he's no longer coming to school anymore since he's now a Bang Baby." Frieda said.

"That's a relief. What about Kathryn, did you hear anything about her?" Ruby asked.

"I haven't heard anything about her. Some say that she's either dead or still out there." Frieda explained.

Kathryn hasn't been seen after the Big Bang. Ruby still thinks that she's still out in Dakota.

"I'd say she's still out there. If there's one thing we know about Kathryn is that she's very persistent." Allie said.

"I agree. She can't give up that easily." Ruby said as she agreed with Allie.

Then, they saw Virgil and Richie walking by and were about to sit with them.

"Hey, Frieda." Virgil said.