Winds of Change

Winds of Change

That afternoon, Virgil and Ruby were walking through the junkyard.

"Richie! You here?" Virgil said.

"Allie! Where are you?" Ruby said.

"Keep coming. This way." Richie said as they saw him holding a bag.

Allie was standing next to Richie with her arms crossed.

"What's up? You made it sound like a mad SOS." Virgil said.

"Feast your eyes." Richie said as he and Allie took out two egg cartons.

"Eggs? You brought us here for a picnic?" Virgil asked.

"Don't ask me. He's the one who brought me here. He didn't even tell me what he wanted to show us." Allie said with a frown.

"Open them and you'll see." Richie said as he handed Virgil an egg carton.

"You too, Allie." Richie said.

"Okay." Allie said as she handed Ruby the second egg carton.

Virgil opened the egg carton which reveals purple grenades with grey caps. Ruby opened the second egg carton which reveals red grenades with blue caps.

"What are they?" Ruby asked.

"Energy containment units. The red ones are for you, while the purple ones are for Virgil. I call your's Mag Tags and Virgil's Zap Caps." Richie explained.

"Go on. Charge 'em up." Richie said.

Virgil channeled his purple electricity into the Zap Caps, while Ruby channeled her white magnetic energy into the Mag Tags.

"Now watch and be amazed." Richie said as he threw the Zap Cap at a car.

The Zap Cap exploded with purple electricity as the roof of the car was gone with smoke coming out.

"And look at this, Ruby." Richie said as he grabbed a Mag Tag and threw it at a pile of tires.

The Mag Tag exploded with white magnetic energy as the tires were torn apart.

"Haha! Pretty cool, huh?" Richie asked.

"It sure is. It's like using my Magna Ball without using my powers." Ruby said.

"I'll have to say, Richie, that was pretty impressive." Allie said with a smile.

"I can do ball lightning in my sleep." Virgil said with an unimpressed tone.

"Why would we need these?" Virgil asked.

"Check it. You're both in a battle, low on power, you pitch a couple of these at the bad guys, and buy yourselves time to recharge!" Richie explained.

"Haha! Brilliant, eh?" Richie asked.

"Yeah, brilliant." Virgil said with a deadpan tone as he gave the egg carton to Richie.

"These are pretty cool." Ruby said as Allie grabbed the second egg carton.

"Look, we better go. Daisy said she'd debug that new software." Virgil said.

"And Allie and I are going with Virgil to check it out." Ruby said.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Why do we need Daisy? I can debug it myself. Besides, we don't have time." Richie said.

"What do you mean?" Virgil asked.

"Ruby has been training with her powers for a week. But we haven't worked on your Static moves during that time. And we sure can't do it with her around." Richie explained.