The Breed

The Breed

At Dakota Union High, there were some kids doing Track and Field with Virgil, Richie, and Allie watching. While Frieda was taking some notes.

"Can't you speed this up, Frieda? I mean how long does it take to suck up the ambiance of the track team, anyway." Virgil asked.

"My strength as a reporter is getting the story. No matter how long it takes." Frieda explained.

"Oh, come on, yo, your strength is being the only kid willing to stay after school for journalism club." Richie explained.

"Humph." Frieda said.

"Hi, guys." Ruby said as she walked toward Virgil, Richie, Frieda, and Allie in a red tank top, white running shorts, and red running shoes.

"Hey Ruby, how was practice?" Allie asked.

"Good, and I'm still the fastest girl on the team." Ruby said as she smirked with her hands on her hips.

"I know, you're practically good at any sport." Richie said.

Ruby is very good at sports, including track. She's able to run a full marathon at a fast pace without hardly getting tired. Years of working out have made her strong, slender, and fit.

"Yeah. Where do you get that kick?" Virgil asked.

"I guess it came from my dad. From what I've heard, he could marathon all day and sprint when he needs to." Ruby explained.

Her father was a supreme athlete, who was a champion in Basketball, Football, and Track.

They saw some boys running on the track with one certain kid in the lead. His name was Derek Barnett. He's the fastest boy on the track like how Ruby's the fastest girl on the track. Derek and Ruby have been good friends ever since they joined the team. Derek has gotten much of the girl's attention at school, including Frieda. Which is the same as Ruby getting much of the boy's attention at school. They always support each other during races and help each other, whether it's both in or out of practice.

"Hey, Derek! Good job." A girl said.

"That's awesome." Another girl said.

"Oh! Like mercury racing against turtles." Frieda said romantically.

"You're drooling all over my knapsack, Frieda. What's Derek Barnett got that I don't have?" Virgil said in an angry tone as he, Ruby, Allie, Richie, and Frieda walked toward Derek.

"Let's make a list. Looks, height, all-state in track and field. Heck, that's also what Ruby has, except for being a girl." Richie explained.

"Yeah, I get that, Rich. I'm even surprised that you two are not into him." Virgil said as he looked at Ruby and Allie.

"Well, I do have a crush on him. But I try to stay professional about it than being a crazy fangirl." Allie explained as she blushed a little.

"As for me, he's just my friend." Ruby explained.

"You know, if you and Derek keep on winning races, you two will become king and queen of track and field." Richie said.

Derek was surrounded by a lot of girls who were trying to get his attention.

"Derek!" A girl said.

"Hi." Another girl said.

Derek then saw his track friend, Ruby, along with Virgil, Richie, Allie, and Frieda as he walked toward them.

"He's coming this way! Maybe I can get an exclusive." Frieda said excitedly as she walked toward him.

"Just chill, Lois Lane!" Virgil said.