The New Kids

The New Kids

Virgil, Richie, Ruby, and Allie were in a culinary class with Ruby and Allie baking cookies. They heard the oven ding as Ruby took the tray of cookies out and left them on the table to cool.

"Don't they look delicious, Allie?" Ruby asked.

"They sure do, Ruby. Who knew cooking can be this much fun." Allie said.

"I know right? Reminds me of the time my mom taught me how to bake when I was young." Ruby said.

"Man, those cupcakes your mom made were so good I had a stomach ache for the last few weeks." Allie explained as she and Ruby giggled.

"Maybe your cousin Sharon should go to Culinary School to improve her cooking." Allie said.

"Well, I am teaching her how to get better, and I've seen some improvement. But, we've still got a lot of work to do." Ruby explained.

"I wish we could eat these cookies. I'm dying to have some right now." Allie said as she looked at the cookies.

"Don't worry, we'll make some cookies after school." Ruby said as she put her hand on Allie's shoulder.

"Virgil? Ruby?" The teacher asked as Ruby and Allie turned their heads to look at her.

"Principal Aguilar wants to see you both in his office immediately." The teacher said with a stern expression.

All of a sudden, Virgil and Richie's souffle launched up into the ceiling as Ruby and Allie looked up.

"From the sound of her voice, I don't think this is going to be good." Allie said in fear.

"I hope not." Ruby said with a little hint of fear.

Ruby was always a good student who behaved well, follows the rules, respectful to students and teachers, and was never late for school. Even after she became Magnetta, she made sure to keep it that way. So, she was never sent to the principal's office until now. Virgil and Ruby were walking toward the Principal's office. Virgil knocked on the door as Principal Aguilar opened it.

"Virgil, Ruby, come in." Principal Aguilar said.

Virgil gulped as he and Ruby walked in while Principal Aguilar closed the door.

"Pops?" Virgil asked in fear.

"Uncle Robert?" Ruby asked with a shocked expression.

"Hello, Virgil and Ruby." Robert said.

"I thought your father should be here for this." Principal Aguilar said as he put his hand on Virgi's shoulder.

Virgil and Ruby sat down with Ruby in the middle as Principal Aguilar looked at them.

"Whatever it is, I didn't do it." Virgil said.

"And you know that I would never do anything bad in school." Ruby said.

"Virgil, Ruby, have you both heard of the Vanmoor Charter School for Science?" Principal Aguilar asked.

"Yes." Ruby said.

"Me too. It's that school for genius kids. Like, you gotta be Steven Hawking or something to get in." Virgil explained.

"Well, evidently not, since you've both been accepted." Principal Aguilar said.

"Really?" Ruby asked.

"Us? In Vanmoor?" Virgil asked with a surprised expression.

"I'm so proud of you, guys." Robert said as he kissed Ruby's cheek.