Junior

Junior

Robert was looking at his watch as he, Sharon, and Ruby were waiting for Virgil.

"Where is he, girls?" Robert asked impatiently.

"Don't worry, daddy. Virgil wouldn't miss this for the world." Sharon said.

Ruby was wearing a red long-sleeved collared shirt, black pants, black flats, and white pearl earrings. She also had her hair in a ponytail.

"Yeah, I guess this center does mean a lot to him." Robert said as they were revealed to be outside of the Community Center with a lot of people wearing suits and dresses.

"Almost as much as it means to me." Robert said.

"And almost as much as the free food." Sharon said as she pointed at Robert's stomach.

This made Ruby giggle with her hand covering her mouth as Sharon walked away with Robert looking at Sharon with an annoyed expression.

"It's okay, Uncle Robert. I'm sure Virgil will make it. Like me, I wouldn't miss my parents' anniversary for the world." Ruby said.

"I know you wouldn't because your parents mean so much to you, including me." Robert said.

"And I know they would've loved to be here today." Ruby said with a smile.

Ruby was taking a day off from being Magnetta so she can spend more time at the Community Center with Robert and Sharon today. She wasn't worried about taking a break as she knew Dakota can last a day without her since the Ulti-Meta Gang can patrol Dakota for today. Virgil was okay with Ruby taking a break. Ruby thought that Virgil should take a day off from being Static too, but he refused. However, he promised that he'll be at the Community Center as soon as possible. That's what was making her worry. Ever since Virgil became a Bang Baby, he was becoming more irresponsible. Ruby made sure that she kept being responsible ever since she became Magnetta.

A few minutes later, the Mayor walked toward Robert, Sharon, and Ruby.

"We've gotta get started, Robert." The Mayor said.

Robert looked at his watch and sighed.

"I guess we do." Robert said as he walked away.

The Mayor walked toward a stand with a microphone as she stood behind the Gymnasium with the audience clapping.

"Welcome to the dedication of the newest addition to the Freeman Community Center. Without further ado, let me introduce you to the man who is responsible for this wonderful new facility. Edwin Alva." The Mayor said as Edwin Alva walked toward the microphone with a wave.

The audience clapped as the Mayor walked away while clapping with the audience.

"Thank you, Madame Mayor. It was my pleasure to fund this new addition. But what I build here isn't a monument of stone. It's an investment in our child's future." Edwin Alva said as the audience clapped, a man walking toward him with a giant pair of scissors.

Robert looked back and saw that Virgil was still not here. Ruby saw this and she got worried too.

'You better here quick, Virgil.' Ruby thought.

Edwin Alva grabbed the scissors and cut the ribbon as he walked toward the Gymnasium and opened the doors.

"Welcome to the Edwin Alva Gymnasium." Edwin Alva said as everyone clapped while walking inside.

Robert, Sharon, and Ruby stayed behind as Robert looked behind and then looked at his watch. While Sharon and Ruby looked at Robert.

"Come on, dad. He must have a good reason." Sharon said as she put her arm around Robert.