Chapter 1

[Colby Brock:

Yet another day, huddled up in my room with the song 'Blood//Water' by grandson blaring in the background as I attempted to drown out my parents' screams and the occasional curse words they spat out when they became too frustrated.

My parents didn't fight a lot but they did have their days when dealing with some sort of financial issue or troubling company dealerships got on their nerves instantly. Those are the days where a brewing argument breaks out and I'm hiding up in my room like -as you can see- right now.

But I didn't really mind it, these type of situations always happen and we always end up working it out in the end. If you haven't noticed, my family's rich. Being the owners of one of the most popularly-known companies in the world surely fills up your wallet nicely.

I run my hand through my tousled hair before stopping at a single strand and twirling it around my finger out of boredom. "Needs to be dyed again.." I mumble to myself before snatching my phone and calling up our personal hair stylist. I know I know, spoiled rich boy. But I really don't give two fucks about it.

Once I ended the call and scheduled the date he arrives in, I flung my feet off the side of my queen-sized bed and made my way into the shower, stripping off my clothes on the way and dropping them on the ground. My room needed cleaning anyways.

Once I stepped into the shower, I let the warm water soak me whole and closed my eyes. It was moments like these where peace was actually an option. I sighed out satisfied and turned around so the water hit my back and loosened the cramps from the night before. Doing it with a man surely tires you out.

"Colby, hun, get down here for a second! Dinner's almost ready!" My mom's voice rings from the bottom floor making me groan in annoyance. Out of all times. I ignore her for now and finish my shower as I curse the hickeys plastered on my skin and the person who gave them to me in the first place.

I wouldn't try so hard if my parents knew I was a sucker for men. For all they know, I'm popular and dated every girl in my school before dumping them like a bunch of ragged dolls.

I mean I did do that here and there but that was only to cover up my closeted secret. And still, knowing all that, I have that stabbing feeling urging me to come out to them. I want them to accept me and at least be there for me when I need them.

They're good parents and they've given me the best. But sometimes it doesn't seem like they know me at all. They provide me with a ton of money and let me do what I want, and then they're off doing their own lives. Like I wasn't entirely a part of it. I'm not complaining, it's just I wish we could be more than just "strangers" in this house.

I finish drying and get dressed before meeting my parents down in the kitchen where they seemed to finally calm down. Dad was sitting at the end of the dinner table with his reading glasses on and his phone in his hand while mom ordered lobster and sushi to be served by the chef in our house.

This is it..

I take in a deep breath and clench my fist as I try to control my emotions. I let out the breath I forgot I was holding and smiled shakily. "Mom, dad.." I called, successfully grabbing both their attention.

Dad raised an eyebrow in curiosity as he looked at me and mom smiled sweetly. "What's up hun?" She asked, loosening the fancy gold watch around her wrist and placing it in her purse.

"I have something to tell you. Please, sit." I blurted, receiving a few shocked expressions. I don't blame them really, I never come to them for anything. Mom sat down as I requested and crossed her leg over the other as she waited for me to speak.

I took a deep breath. "I'm.. I-I.. I love you guys!" I crashed down (mentally), cursing myself over and over as I internally face palm. I just can't do it.

Looking at my dad's emotionless face and my mom's that holds a smile that meant half it's true nature, I just couldn't. I couldn't risk it. Not yet.

My mom chuckled lightly and looked at her husband with a smile before standing up and walking over.

"We love you too, hun." She said, pinching my cheek and walking away.

Well that definitely didn't go as planned..

-802 words